Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:25:53 AM

Author Topic: Drive Enabling  (Read 3745 times)

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
Drive Enabling
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »
Hi,

I am currently using pin14 to enable all 4 drives.
When I press E-STOP the drives bvecome disabled as expected.
The trouble is this also happens when a program finished using either the M2 or M30 command or when I press the STOP button (not E-STOP)
This means that if I need to jog the table then I have to press the E-STOP twice to get the drives re-enabled before I can jog.

Is this the designed behaviour of MACH3? or do I have a wiring problem somewhere?

Am I overcomplicating things by having MACH3 control the drive enabling? Should I just have the drives "allways on" ??

Thanks
Simon

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Drive Enabling
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »
You need to look at your wiring,  I have my drives enabled but they only disable if the drives fault or I press the E-Stop or the Reset button.
Hood

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
Thanks, I thought that was what it was doing before I added the 4th axis but couldn't be sure my memory wasn't playing tricks with me!

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »
Hood, Many thanks for the help.

I started to systematically remove the enable wiring, check and re-attach. And unlike normal, where sods-law says it is the last one you try which is the problem, I found it on the first wire I removed!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »
Glad you are sorted :)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:57 AM »
I'm trying the similar type of thing but I was hoping to have it slightly different.
I'll explain shall I............................
I've currently got a "DRIVE ENABLE" & "DRIVE DISABLE" button on my screen directly below the "ESTOP"
I'm attemting to have it so as when the software is started you cannot enable the ESTOP without the drives being enabled, which in theory is easy because I'm using a Chargepump.
So therefore I need to press the DRIVE ENABLE button before the ESTOP, but as you know with the ESTOP active all outputs are disabled.
Is there a way for me to be able to use an OUTPUT even when the ESTOP is activated (so as I can enable the drives first)?
I would rather have it so as when the ESTOP is pressed it doesn't disable the drives.
Thanks BTW sorry to hijack your thread SimonD.

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »
Darc
Not sure I completely understand what you want, but there's a 'charge pump on in Estop' option which may help.

Tony