Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:36:43 AM

Author Topic: Latest G100 Update  (Read 3166 times)

Latest G100 Update
« on: December 10, 2007, 02:02:15 PM »
I'm just about ready to take the plunge to move to the G100, I have a couple of questions overall for the people that are using it today. This is a big investment for me, not monetarily but to do this I have to tear apart my K2 controller box and rewire the parallel portion. So you can understand my concern, especially since I've been doing tons of work with the machine and paying for all it's upgrades with that work. So being cautious is prudent in my case (if I had a second machine then that would be a different story). Thankfully I will not have to rewire the G320's so that should make things simpler somewhat, I've download Chaoticone's documentation and all the material from Gecko and am reading through it, i've not finished so it's possible I'll ask something that is documented...

My current machine is a K2 G3925, 3 axis using servo's, no spindle as of yet (it's on the enhancement list for a future purchase).

1. I know most people post here because they have problems, but how many have installed everything and have a good experience with the G100 (a number of the posts are old so I'm looking for updated info)??

2. What features are not supported at this time?

3. How much of a speed increase should I see with my machine, today I run the machine at 25000Hz in Mach III because I found any faster was not reliable. (maybe I need a better parallel port). And if I push it too fast it 'jitter's, I'm assuming that will go away with this setup.

4. How hard was it to setup and get working?

That should cover the basics, I'm digging but there's a lot of information to digest :)

Thanks

-Paul-
-Paul-

Paul Davis
Luthier
Patriot Guitars