Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:04:27 AM

Author Topic: What's the best way to determine motor velocity?  (Read 17577 times)

Re: What's the best way to determine motor velocity?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »
I have been thinking about this and I can do this in the Macro Pump... So here is a quick little bit of code to fix the max FRO problem...

'This is to set the MAX FRO to 125%
If(GetDRO(21) >125) Then
   Call SetDRO(21,125)
End If 

This should fix the problem
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 06:06:13 PM »
Brian,

Thank you for thinking about this and offering a solution!

2 things... idon't know what a macro pump is.  I'm going to crack open the manual and see if I can learn about it.

The second item is, I think this programming tweak does resolve my request to place a limit on the max FRO but, if I understand how you propose to do it, I forsee it as being done in a restrictive way.

A 125% max FRO might work for a certain program cutting a specific material but what happens if the material changes and you want more (or less) FRO limit?

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »
Try this and see how you like it... after that we will see if there is more that we can do.

Go under Config/State and check Run Macro Pump  take the Macro pump file that I sent to you and put in the Mach3/Macro/Mach3mill. once you have done that close the program and restart Mach3. you should be good to go after that....

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 11:07:48 PM »
 :'(  It didn't work.  I followed your instructions.  Do I need to call out the macro in my Gcode?

Thanks,
Sid
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 06:45:31 AM »
Where did you place the macropump.m1s file? Did you turn it on under Config/State? If that checks out okay Post your XML and I will see if there is a setting that you need to have set.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 01:02:35 PM »
OK, I figured it out and got it to work.  Here's what happened...

When I clicked on the link for the macro you posted, the "SAve As" dialog popped up and the default file type was set to .txt

So, when I copied that file into the Mill Macros folder it had a .txt extension and therefore was not being recognized as a macro file.  Now it works good. THANK YOU!

So, next question.  Is there a way to make the 125 value in your macro a variable field value?  Could we then create an input box on the settings screen in which this variable value could be plugged in- kinda like the way you can type in a Safe Z value?

Obviously my comprehension of the programming capabilities in this area are limited so please forgive me if this is a Lame question.

Thanks again Brian.

Regards,
Sid
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
Sid this is a simple change but I am going to have to make a new screen set where you have a place to set the value... I will post a new set and Macro pump in the next few days.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
Brian,

You are the Man! 

I have played around with Screen4 and can do some basic modifying and would like to be able to learn more about what you are going to do.  Is there something I can do to help? 

Thanks!

Sid
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »
You need to add an LED with an OEM code for the DRO. The OEM code should be 1000 to 1250, I will put the value in the Macropump. See if you can add it to the screen set.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 12:03:32 AM »
Yo Brian!

OK, I think I added the LED.  It's next to the Feed % DRO.  Do I need to create a DRO to input the max number for the F???

I used OEM code 1000.  Check it out and let me know what's next

Thanks,
Sid