Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:45:39 PM

Author Topic: M3Turn ISO View  (Read 6656 times)

M3Turn ISO View
« on: December 06, 2007, 03:15:19 PM »
Many of the illustrations pertaining to M3Turn show the part in an isometric view. I cannot get an ISO. view no matter what I try.
Is this possible with M3Turn 2.6 ?
If so, please tell me how.
Thanks

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: M3Turn ISO View
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
Hi, Overloaded

I remember when it was active some time back, It didn't rotate very much at all though.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »
Chip,
It may be rotated ever so slightly by default.  Just to where the end of the part is not a perfectly straight line. Nothing at all like the illustrations. All I can do is zoom and pan.
The TURN screens leave a bit to be desired compared to the MILL and PLASMA screens.
If I could change 1 thing..it would be to be able to toggle between the 3 screens without having to go to the HOME screen to select AUTO or MANUAL.
Could this be easily done ?
I've tinkered a little with Screen4 but not enough to know much about it.
Regards

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 02:11:11 PM »
Hi, Overloaded

You can modify your screen.lset as needed to swap screens.

Hears a modified "mill" screen lset with a lathe "Tab" pop-out jog MPG to look at, Nothing fancy.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
Chip,
I figured out how to put the TAB button on the original Turn screens. I got the OEM code by double clicking the TAB in the screen that you provided.
OEM 323    HOTKEY 9 

Then I put an AUTO button on the MANUAL screen, and a MANUAL button on the AUTO screen so I can toggle between the two without having to go to the WELCOME screen.

But.....I want to change the text on the new buttons and cannot open the properties window for the buttons because one click instantly toggles to the other screen...........and vice/versa.
How can I change the settings for this type of button ?

Also, there is an OEM entry and a HOT KEY #. What is the hotkey ?
ie. The manual button =  OEM 4        Hot key 77
           auto              =   OEM 2           "     65

The hotkey checkbox was white and the # box greyed out. When I checked the box, expecting the # to go white and accept an entry, a small window popped up and said to enter hotkey now. Then I got a "Microsoft Having a Problem and Needs to Shutdown Screen4" window and it closed Screen4.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »
You press the Ctrl key then click on the button and its properties will open.
A hotkey is a keyboard combination that you can use, it is ascii code so for example 77 is the m button on your keyboard. You only need to assign a hotkey if you are going to use the keyboard or use external buttons via a keyboard emulator.
Hood

Edit, as Chip says its the shift key  :-[
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:48:34 PM by Hood »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
Hi, Overloaded

How can I change the settings for this type of button ? "Hold down the "Shift Key" then Dbl-click on the Button", You can have them display on all screens also (check Box).

What is the hot-key ? It's a single or Shift,Ctrl, Alt, + single Key on the keyboard, When you check "Use Hot Key" Press the key bord key you want to use,

Many are other Functions in Mach, Be careful !!.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:05:32 PM by afn09556 »
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
EXCELLENT ! ! !
Thanks very much.

Is there a manual or tutorial for Screen4 ?
Video dnlds are ridiculously slow here, 24k dial-up. I think my connection is through the farmers fence wires and the highway guardrails.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 12:01:49 AM »
Hi, Overloaded

Above, Tutorials, Documentation, Mach Customize Weki, Hears a shortcut.

http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It explains allot of stuff, So your Way out there.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 12:21:04 AM »
Chip,
I remember now, I looked through that list in the link and sort of stopped when I saw the Hungarian versions.
There certainly is a lot of info there. Maybe I wont be buggin' you guys on the forum so much.

I am amazed more each day that I tinker with this little homebrew machine. This CNC stuff is AWESOME to say the least.

Yeah, were back in the sticks here. Folks ask if I have high speed....I jokingly respond, "Shucks, we just recently got electricity ! Maybe indoor plumbing next."

Thanks for your support Chip...and everyone else's too.

Grateful as always