Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:57:28 PM

Author Topic: What takes the longest to FIND / Figure out / INSTALL  (Read 10700 times)

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: What takes the longest to FIND / Figure out / INSTALL
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
The "speed controller amplifier at maximum" is a strong indicater that you have a faulty tacho or cable. The tacho will give a DC volt reading if you spin the motor. 2V for 100 RPM. This is a way to check the tacho. Depending on the size of the motors, you can spin them manually with a big drilling machine. Just remember to disconnect the power and motor before you do that. Some tacho's are multipole DC generators with Carbon brushes. Check the brushes if there is any.

Whacko

I have lots of cool tools...

I cannot read those schematics from siemens... the voltages are not marked what they are suppose to be, and then in the reading part, it only references to things like the DC Link voltage, but not where it orginates, and terminates..

seems that the fault is "speed controller amplifier at maximum" V2 , V6, V10 at card N1.

I have read the voltages at G0 on 73.1 and 73.2 and 72.. they are :

9 = 19v DC
64 = -1v DC or 1v AC... cannot decide what it is suppose to have.
72 = 24v DC
73.2 = 0v - .2v DC

Nothing's impossible
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »
thank you for your effort and help..

I only have a eStop.. no pause button..

i will jump 64 an 9 be ready.

I power the machine down completely with 3 phase cut off completely. The Fanuc barely keeps its own parameters, I dont think it is holding the fault code for the Siemens drives. This is a model 0M-A... very old everyone tells me.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
the way this all started was like this..

Back in Feb of this year, the mill was powered off for 2 months. It lost its parameters. I managed to get it going again, but then it started having issues booting up. it would hang at the PLC version, and I would have to power back off and on.. Then about another month later, it started getting the 401 alarm, but I could power off and on about 5 times, and it would go away. Sometimes it returned when I touched the Z axis, sometimes it was when I touched the Y axis... but NEVER when I touched the X axis... well, power off and on about 5 times, and it would clear.

Then in July of this year, it went to 401 and never came from that. I moved the servo motors around, and this did not make the LED change location. I changed the X121 X131 X141 and this did not change the issue either.

Today, when it boots after being off about 1 hour, it will come to the ready state and sit there about 5-8 seconds like it is ready to work.. but then once the 401 alarm happens, every time you power off and back on it trips the 401 really fast.. 1-3 seconds. Let it sit about an hour, and then again, sits there like it is ready for 5-8 seconds.

The "speed controller amplifier at maximum" is a strong indicater that you have a faulty tacho or cable. The tacho will give a DC volt reading if you spin the motor. 2V for 100 RPM. This is a way to check the tacho. Depending on the size of the motors, you can spin them manually with a big drilling machine. Just remember to disconnect the power and motor before you do that. Some tacho's are multipole DC generators with Carbon brushes. Check the brushes if there is any.

Whacko

I have lots of cool tools...

I cannot read those schematics from siemens... the voltages are not marked what they are suppose to be, and then in the reading part, it only references to things like the DC Link voltage, but not where it orginates, and terminates..

seems that the fault is "speed controller amplifier at maximum" V2 , V6, V10 at card N1.

I have read the voltages at G0 on 73.1 and 73.2 and 72.. they are :

9 = 19v DC
64 = -1v DC or 1v AC... cannot decide what it is suppose to have.
72 = 24v DC
73.2 = 0v - .2v DC

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »
I jump 9 and 64... the LED lights all go off. the error however now is 404 alarm.. VRDY ON...

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »
It seems that the Fanuc can be the problem. I will take this thread to your personal message, as it is not relevant to Mach3. I will look at the tests you can do and tell you what to do.

Whacko
Nothing's impossible