Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:01 PM

Author Topic: LaxyCAM ActiveX / COM control from VBA  (Read 3251 times)

LaxyCAM ActiveX / COM control from VBA
« on: April 18, 2006, 04:44:26 PM »
Hi Brian,

I mentioned this a while ago and you thought it might be a good idea.  I have an artistic woodworking inlay design package written in CorelDraw 12 VBA that is coming along nicely.  I just got the first custom DXF export running, so I am attaching it here.  What I would like to start off doing is to able to write out a DXF from my VBA software and then tell LazyCAM to load it.  Then, I would like to set the relevant parameters in LazyCAM, cut depth, number of passes, all that stuff directly from VBA.

What do you think?

-James Leonard

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LaxyCAM ActiveX / COM control from VBA
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »
Hi James:

I guess what you need is to have LazyCam act as a Com object for command transfers. I cant promise that too quickly. Quite possible, but its a bit of work to convert it to com and add the appropriate hooks.. Perhaps in a few weeks I can commit to give it a go. I suspect sometime in late may before I can really do it though. But it does sound like a good idea..

Art
Re: LaxyCAM ActiveX / COM control from VBA
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »
Hi Art,

No huge rush.  I will be showing this package as a preliminary late in June to some fellow guitar builders, so I want to show the complete-to-CNC facility that I am working on.  I want to support LazyCAM and SheetCAM, maybe Dolphin.  The direct interface to LazyCAM would make it the preferred facility for sure.  Just exposing an Object Model for the parameters and command set would be great.

Thanks!

-James Leonard