Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:41:52 PM

Author Topic: Need a little help? please for a total newbie  (Read 6972 times)

Need a little help? please for a total newbie
« on: December 02, 2007, 05:29:59 AM »
Hi, Everyone.

Please forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong place, I have a problem with mach 3, i have to PCs one using Vista & the other Xp Mach 3 works OK on Vista but i have a problem with my xp version.
I had a copy of the mach 3 before the lockdown came out. But why does the program only show half the screen when the 3000 lines, yet before i had a problem with my hard drive it worked fine.

Is there something that i have forgot to add. on a clean install i win xp home service pack 2 & unlocked down version  2.00.

So I'm a bit stuck & what a cracking program Mach 3 & i would love 2 buy a version but out of work at the moment due 2 doing my back in

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need a little help? please for a total newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
If its not a licensed copy then your will only get 500 lines of code.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »
Hi, Ive just check it's a demo version of 2.56 but this version was downloaded from the site & the only thing that i did was add the memory override from this forum i just did a check with the program that i used & that was BMPtoCNC to convert a helifreak logo & loaded this into mach 3 i ran down the line numbers & it goes to 33231, i will also add some screen captures of the program. if some one can tell me how to
thanks steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 05:50:09 PM »
Use the full reply rather than the quick reply. You will then see additional options down at the bottom, click on it then click on the choose button and  browse your hard drive for the image you want to attach.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 03:46:48 AM »
Hi, here are the screen caps that were done after the 2nd post thanks again for your reply hope this sheds some light on it,
thanks again steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »
I am not sure what you ar e actually meaning. Is it that Mach doesnt fill your computer screen? If yes then go to Config menu then to General config and check the Auto Enlarge box.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 01:53:12 PM »
Hi, I cant understand this, both version are the same but one is running on Vista 32 bit Pro & the other is running on XP home Both copies are Demo version but why is one locked to do only 500 lines (Xp) but the other (Vista) can run as many lines as it want they were both downloaded from the page on the same say day, Before the page changed in the last 3-5 days (http://www.machsupport.com/artsoft/downloads/downloads.htm) as i say the only thing that i did different was ad the the Vista memoryoverride.reg & that was it i have not brought any version & i'm not trying to add it onto a 2nd pc for free,

in the last few months i have built my home cnc & have just got it up & running but can not run it only on the 500 lines

i hope i have explained it a little better cause it's stumped me?

thanks steve ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 03:44:15 PM »
Ok, as I said before there is a limit on the demo versions so unless you buy a license you will be stuck at 500 lines of code. Why your Vista one can do more than 500 I dont know. Are you sure it actually does more than 500 lines as normally it would show the the full amount but  stop when it reached 500.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 03:55:44 PM »
Hi, Yes it goes all the way to the end,& does not stop, just goes from 1 to ?????? the number.
thanks  for all you time & your help
cheers steve