Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:21:04 AM

Author Topic: Photos of webcam scanner. ( no laughing.. :) )  (Read 67446 times)

Re: Photos of webcam scanner. ( no laughing.. :) )
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2008, 11:56:22 PM »
Thank you Art,
I have found out what the problem is: I'm using "inch" system and MachCload expect "mm" coordinates.
I have brought my cloud file in Excel and multiplied each values by 25.4 and saved it.
When opened in MachCloud now it can meshed and my parts are recognizable  :)
Please when you have a minute to work on MachCloud a mm/inch option would be very usefull ;)
Great to see significant results.

Gaston

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »
should work if you just enter .01 as the ball size.. and leave the data alone..
hard to say though.. I did design it in mm's.. Ill list a check for it in my schedule...

Art
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it does not work with a ball 0.01" diameter. The reason, I think is that a Tangential Analysis is performed before meshing and that operation excludes practically everything leaving only a few points, if any, to mesh.

As I see it, the options to use MachCloud for meshing right now are:
1) make a program to convert English units (inches) to International (mm)
2) scan with Mach3 in metric (executing G21 before the scan? I'm not to sure if that would work at the moment)
3) wait until ...

Also, could it be possible that MachCloud refuse to mesh if the object is too small (like Tom Hubin's penny cloud file for example)?

Gaston

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 02:10:22 AM »
Hello Gaston,

> I have found out what the problem is: I'm using "inch" system and MachCloud expect "mm" coordinates.
> I have brought my cloud file in Excel and multiplied each values by 25.4 and saved it.
> When opened in MachCloud now it can meshed and my parts are recognizable  :)

Can you post the cloud text file and a screenshot of the MachCloud meshed version?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »
Hi Tom,
Here are the files request and more  :)
decimated 3x.txt . The original produced by the plugin was too big for excel so load the file in MachCloud and saved a 3 times decimated version.
decimated 3x mm.txt. The converted file by excel.
decimated 3x mm.mesh the meshing parameters were the default one.
I have included a picture of the original object and one screenshots.

Gaston

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
Will it be possible to use this function with a rotary axis instead of x or y and create a round 3d image of the scan? And can it be us with a video cam plugged to an av-input (composit) on a tv-card, or will that analog video make a poorer image than a digital web cam?
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2009, 02:03:31 AM »
Will it be possible to use this function with a rotary axis instead of x or y and create a round 3d image of the scan? And can it be us with a video cam plugged to an av-input (composit) on a tv-card, or will that analog video make a poorer image than a digital web cam?

Hello jaru-eri,

Sorry for taking so long to contribute a response.

I have not yet done anything with a rotary stage. I have been plenty busy just getting a new XYZ scanning plugin done. Open source posted at "http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10959.0.html". No reason why rotary stages cannot be used but it will be a while before I tackle writingl plugin software for that.

As far as camera types, all I can say is try it. My plugin uses VFW (Video For Windows) functions that have been available since the Windows 95 days, I believe. If your camera drivers work with Windows they should work with the plugin.

Download the plugin and see if your camera produces a picture in the plugin. if so, then get a laser line module and build a probe. 

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net