Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:25:55 AM

Author Topic: Gantry twist  (Read 3630 times)

Gantry twist
« on: December 01, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »
My name is Luis, new at the forum and cnc, I 've build a 4'x8' plasma table, have problems with the A axis working as slave of X axis, it is twisting the gantryn  because of the rotation for the same side. I n motor tuning I input the same values.
 Other problem is with the Z axis, when I reference all it gets stuck in the limit switch. The screw i'm using there is a two threads 11 mm. It seems to not reverse enough, the leds in the diagnostics are off but machine does'nt move.
Any help will be highly appreciated....

Luis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Gantry twist
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
Luis, can you post some pics of your machine or better yet, a video of whats going on. Also, post your xml and some info about your hardware.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Gantry twist
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
Hi Brett, thanks for answering.
My table is 4' x 8 for plasma. Used a Kelling package, 4030 card and 495 oz motors,I'm using to for the X axis, X and A axis. Use gear racks for x and Y , (Y has no probems.)
Same step per values for the 3 axis but X and A twist the gantry as they are rotating for the same side. Once the rotate for tdifferent sides and was well, but iot changes without notice.
Also the Z and Y axis hit the limits and get stuck in there, have to shut off to move and restart.
Here some pics ,
Regards
Luis