Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:46:33 AM

Author Topic: THC Control Family  (Read 2868 times)

THC Control Family
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »
I have downloaded the latest Mach 3 and use LazyCam that came with it. When I save the gcode from lazycam, the initial z axis setting is 60. I cannot for the life of me find out where that comes from. Also, it does not automatically add lead-ins. Is there something I need to setup for both of these problems ?

In the Mach3Mill beta 7.57 documentation, there is a discussion on page 6-12 about THC control family. Where in Mach3 is this section talking about ? I have a plasma CNC and I want to use the torch on control.

I have another problem I think I created.  For testing purposes, I created a gcode file to cut 5 lines 2 inches long spaced 1/4 in apart. I must have checked something wrong because when the code tells the torch to move to a location, the x and y motors do not move at the same time such that the movement is a diagonal. It moves the x first and when it gets to the end of travel, it then moves the y dimension. In Mach3 the toolpath movement that is displayed does move in a diagonal. Last week it did move correctly.  Help please !!!

Thanks for any assistance