Hello Guest it is October 01, 2026, 03:10:35 PM

Author Topic: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function  (Read 195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« on: September 20, 2026, 03:31:42 PM »
Hi,
yesterday the <GoTo Part Zero> button seemed to work, but this morning it does not.

When I hit the button a dialogue pops up saying to hit <CycleSart> in order to go to part zero, hit <CycleStart> and nothing.....
The Status bar shows Table:0000019985EF71C20.

What does this mean?
Why did this button work yesterday and not today?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2026, 12:03:16 PM »
I will need the full logging of the occurrence or a screenshot of all the more info details. LUA works in the form of Tables, so that table number is actually a memory address .A reverse lookup would need to happen on your computer for it to mean anything.

Could you give me a rundown of your GOTO position as well?
Thanks,

Paul
Re: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2026, 01:37:21 PM »
Hi Paul,
I do not have any logging for the fault yet.....and I've become so busy with customer projects neither am I going to be
able to devote the time to do so at the moment.

I do not have ANY GOTO locations programmed. It is not something that I required in Mach4 so I've never bothered with it in MachPro.
What I did expect to work was hit <Go To Work Offset> would take me to the part zero, namely 0,0,0 in the current work coordinate system.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2026, 03:38:15 PM »
"GoTo" is a term that we use for specific functionality. Depending on the version that you are using, will depend on where you find it. Most MachPro versions, you can find your GoTo positions on your Configure → Control.. → GoTo Positions screen. You should have a checkbox for "Use as Part Zero Position" This will run a M228 P3 in the background and should only go to Current part coordinates X0 Y0. If this is not configured or setup, your GoTo Zero Commands will not function.
Thanks,

Paul
Re: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2026, 05:19:59 PM »
Hi Paul,
OK, that's sounds logical. I'll try it out.

With Mach4 there was no need to delve into any settings to get <GoTo Work Zero> to operate, and in this regard MachPro is a little more complex to configure.

Still can't quite work out why it worked on one day and not the next? A bit bizarre.

The thing I did notice when it did operate is that it was very violent, that is to say 100% of max speed and 100% of max acceleration.
My machine has fast rapids and acceleration of 0.15g.....so it moves with a decided 'THUMP'. So not that it was faulty (when it did work),
but I'd ideally dial the speed and accel back to a more sedate pace.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Erratic GoTo Part Zero function
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2026, 09:01:45 AM »
By default, I believe it is set to a rapid to zero. In the GoTo positions screen, you can configure the gcode however you like. I would say it is a little unintuitive at first I am adding a picture for clarities sake.
Thanks,

Paul