Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:13:50 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 on Sherline  (Read 5909 times)

Mach3 on Sherline
« on: November 24, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »
Just getting started with CNC. My name is Pete from Pa. Retired & tired most of the time. Still do some jewelry repairs, lapidary, fabrication, faceting, casting & mold making. For the most part self taught, and currently enrolled in the School of Hard Knocks.

Currently have a Sherline CNC Setup, that is looking for a cost effective 3dcad/cam jewelry software. At the present time I have not installed BDI-EMC or Windows. Not sure what would be the best way to go as far as Cad/Cam software solutions.

Came across the Artsoft Forum Family & The MACH 3 software.  Would like to go with Mach 3 or 4 but I'm not sure if it will run the Sherline. Has any of our group run the Mach3 successfully on the Sherline and if so what is required??

The Sherline CNC Setup that I have is complete, and has 4 axis capibility. Have considered installing the BDI-EMC OS and/or Windows XP on the PC, or a Dual Boot System. I don't believe the Linux will run MACH3. I presume the Windows XP, 2000, or Vista would take care of the running of Mach3??  Maybe even 98 or 98SE?? Just a thought.

At this time would like to know if there is anyone here that runs Mach3 on the Sherline and how you were able to do it?  MACH 3 has been a suggested Cad design program for jewelry. Your assistance concerning this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts & ideas iin this area. Will be looking forward to hearing from Our Mach Team!

Kindest Regards,
Pete from Pa (USA)

Profile Email 

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 on Sherline
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »
Hi, Pete

Mach3 has a Sherline Mode, Win 2000 or XP,  CPU 1000 or more for best results.

Above, Under Tutorials, View some of the Videos & Dock's, Under Downloads you'll find Mach3R2.60 Free trial ver's, 500 line limit in G-code.

Have Fun, Welcome, Chip
Re: Mach3 on Sherline
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:39:45 PM »
Chip - Your Wrote:  Mach3 has a Sherline Mode, Win 2000 or XP,  CPU 1000 or more for best results.

Above, Under Tutorials, View some of the Videos & Dock's, Under Downloads you'll find Mach3R2.60 Free trial ver's, 500 line limit in G-code.

Have Fun, Welcome, Chip

Hi Chip,

So far so good! Thanks I looking forward to checking this out.

Pete