Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:17:04 AM

Author Topic: Tool Changes in Artcam Post  (Read 10169 times)

Tool Changes in Artcam Post
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »
I just tried to run a file created in Artcam Pro v 9 that used two tools.  When I tried to save the toolpath Artcam gave a notice that the file required 2 tools, and the machine did not support tool changing. 

I'm using a Mach 3 inch post processor.  My machine does not have a tool changer, but I'd like to write the file with the tool change macro in Mach . 

I found a line in the post processor that is commented out that appears to enable the M6 tool changer macros.   I removed the comment semicolon and saved the post, but when I try it, I get the same message from Artcam that the file requires two tools but the machine I"m using doesn't have a tool changer.

Any ideas on how to get the tool changer macro to work with Artcam?

Thanks!

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Changes in Artcam Post
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:32:47 AM »
Email me the post,

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
Need contact info
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
Graham,

Happy Thanksgiving to you.  I need an email address in order to send you my post.    Your profile shows your email as 'hidden'. 

Hey, do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving in U.K?  If you do, please pardon my interrupting your Holiday. 

BTW, the Artcam post also produces an RPM setting for the spindle.  Since I'm using a Porter Cable router, this generates an error when the M3 command specifies a spindle speed.  I just edit the file and remove the spindle speed setting.  But if the post can be changed to NOT insert the spindle speed but still turn on the router that would be great.

Thanks for your help. 

Wayne C

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »
I sent you an email.

No we don't, we have to work  :(

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 05:26:31 AM »
Did you get your tool change to work in artcam?  I also see the m6 "commented out"   how do you change it?  or could you post your postprocesor as  txt.

thanks
roonster71

Offline Mehdi 01

•  3 3
  • we can
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
Hi dear
may be its possible