Hello Guest it is October 01, 2026, 01:36:14 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Settings  (Read 138645 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mach3 Settings
« on: December 02, 2024, 07:35:51 AM »
Hi,

Would any be able to help with my settings for a gantry setup. The previous owner had a K2 CNC upgraded with an ESS / breakout board, Gecko drives, but with DC motors with encoders.  I've traced the wiring and have the pins.  It seems straight forward except that I'm not sure if or how the encoders affect the settings. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2024, 07:37:53 AM by CNCRoute »
Re: Mach3 Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2026, 05:49:11 AM »
The encoders are worth understanding before changing the Mach3 settings. If the Gecko drives are using the encoder feedback internally, Mach3 may only need to handle the step/direction signals, but it depends on the exact drive model and wiring. I’d start by identifying the Gecko drive model and confirming how the encoder outputs are connected.