Hello Guest it is June 16, 2024, 01:34:20 PM

Author Topic: windows 10 running Mach3  (Read 506 times)

windows 10 running Mach3
« on: May 23, 2024, 02:23:42 AM »
Hello every one,
I know this topic has been bandied around many times but as a new user I have to ask.
Mach3 screen comes up and operates well on my HP AIO running windows 10 but doesn't run my home made cnc router with 3 motors.
I have checked my wiring and continue to do so but I am not convinced I have the right port com but I don't understand how to check it on the computer, and I have seen the Mach3 port 378
I've been researching both on the Webb and utube and the only revelation I've had is an "external motion controller" Once again I have seen comments on this forum about many EMC's. Currently I have a Red mach3 BOB. Is this an EMC ?
Of course any suggestions would be appreciated to make this old bloke happy :P

Re: windows 10 running Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:47:14 AM »
No Win 10 computer supports the parallel port which it sounds like you are trying to use.  You need an external motion controller.  I use the UC100 from CNCDRIVE on both my lathe and mill.  Connection to the PC is via USB, the whole thing is built into a standard parallel port connector so it just plugs into the input of your BoB.  A Mach3 plugin, just a little bit of software from CNCDRIVE, is needed to interface Mach3 to the unit.  For me the upgrade from XP and parallel port to Win10/UC100 was very easy and it works very well.  Make sure you get a genuine UC100, clones are around that don't work nearly was well.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,208 9,208
  • Super Kitty
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 05:36:19 AM »
Is your Red mach3 BOB the 'BitSensor' board, connected to your computer by USB ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 09:11:30 PM »
morning to you gentle men who answered my post.
Apparently, windows ten doesn't use a parrel port or so I see on many utube programs.
Tweakie, I have no clue if it's a @bitsensor@ board but it does connect by usb.
JohnHaine, I'm looking into suitable EMT
Thank muchly u guys.
Another question would mach 4 be a better option and does it need a EMT and of what sort

cheers Rossco

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,208 9,208
  • Super Kitty
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 02:12:57 AM »
In my opinion Mach4 would be a better option and yes, you will need an EMC. There are many different EMC's available and it is best to choose one of EU or USA manufacture as these work correctly and have manufacturers support (unlike those cheap versions from China).
My preference for EMC is either the Warp9TD ESS or the CncDrive AXBBE (I use both, on different machines).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 07:14:23 AM »
Most of the cheap USB motion controllers do not handle discrete signals in real time, so features that need this, like homing, probing, THC, never really work well.  The ESS and CNC Drive stuff is good, but CNC Drive has not been updating the Plugins, so you may need to run older versions of Mach4.

Arturo Duncan
https://cnc4pc.com