Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 01:22:00 PM

Author Topic: Motors not running in negative direction  (Read 202 times)

Motors not running in negative direction
« on: March 24, 2024, 05:06:28 PM »
I am hooking up my diy cnc, after getting everything setup I tested it. When jogging the axis, the Z axis won't move in the positive (up) but will move in negative (down) the X and Y won't move in the negative but does move in the positive. The A axis (slaved to X axis) runs in both directions fine. Sometime I can get the Y and Z axis moving correctly by moving the X in both directions but if I move the X axis they won't move. Looking for any help, Thanks
Re: Motors not running in negative direction
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 05:54:43 PM »
This is often because either the direction signal has come off the stepper drivers or the timing of the direction signal relative to step is wrong. Can you post some more information on your set up and some wiring photos?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 08:20:54 PM »
I am working on a 3 axis CNC, using nema34 closed loop motor kit i purchased from STEPPERONLINE.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 01:42:46 PM »
What logic levels do the stepper drives expect to see?  As it happens I recently upgraded my lathe to use that interface board and I found I needed to supply +12v to it for all the interfaces to work correctly.  I think the supply pin is one of those on the TB on the RHS of the PCB.  I assume the red wire to the 3rd from the right on the bottom is 5V?  Where is your 5v supply coming from given there is nothing plugged into the USB connector?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 05:57:06 PM »
JohnHaine   Thank you! I can't be leave I forgot to hook up that USB. Had it all working until I moved it under my table and just missed it. Thanks again.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 02:40:55 AM »
Easily done - glad it's sorted!