Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 05:28:57 PM

Author Topic: Help with mach 3, starting cut position  (Read 204 times)

Help with mach 3, starting cut position
« on: March 07, 2024, 05:57:04 PM »
i made a model on fusion 360 to practice with 4 axis, and i cant get the correct position to start the cut, i tried everything, also i dont know if my post proccesor its good for 4h axis, i attached a picture of the work space and the position and the nc code file, the fusion file cant attach it. If someone can help me i can send you the fusion 360 file to see if my error its there.
Re: Help with mach 3, starting cut position
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 05:20:18 AM »
Put your F360 file in a .zip, as it isn't an allowed file type - .zip is.

What do you mean by "starting position"?  A good start would be to put the tool tip at the origin of the item you want to make if that's possible and zero the program coordinates.  Looking at the code it is quite complex for a "learning piece", maybe try something simpler?

One idea might be to try this: https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=45287.msg288673#msg288673 - which is a Python wizard to generate g-code for a knurl.  It would take F360 out of the equation, and I know it works.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 07:36:08 AM »
I put the 0 of the piece on one end in the center, I know that at mach 3 I have to indicate the radius of the piece, but when I go to mach 3 and tell it where the 0 of my piece is, when it starts cutting instead of starting where I gave it 0 it moves to the side and starts and apart from that it starts cutting the piece as if it were placed horizontally, and I have it vertically as you can see in the photo. I'm attaching fusion file to see if you can help me with that.
My big problem here its the starting positing when im gonna cut.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:42:18 AM by fercho41890 »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 08:52:40 PM »
It looks like you are using a 3 axis post, you need to use a 4 axis post in Fusion.
Without engineers the world stops