Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 05:04:35 PM

Author Topic: Need help, homing/limit lights  (Read 251 times)

Need help, homing/limit lights
« on: February 18, 2024, 07:13:24 PM »
I’m not sure what is going on with my homing lights and I need to set up limits.

I have gecko G540 with smoothstepper ESS.
1st issue…
I can press home ref all. My machine will home the z to the top and it backs off.
My X and Y will home but they don’t back off.  (Work on this issue later)
The other issue is that the diagnostics lights are on, then when they are activated(homed) the diag light go off.

I’ve tried changing some settings, but I did not succeed.

Let’s address the issue of the diagnostic lights,  how do I reverse the lights?
I just doubled checked my limit/home switches. They are wired NC.
To be clear, when homed, open circuit. When away from the switches, NC, closed circuit.

Any suggestions?
Thx EZ

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
Re: Need help, homing/limit lights
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 11:21:23 PM »
what do you mean by the diagnostic lights?  ???
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 11:15:03 AM »
what do you mean by the diagnostic lights?  ???
On the main screen there is a tab that says “diagnostics” when you click on that tab it shows the status of your inputs and outputs.
My lights that show Home X and home Y are backwards.  When I’m homed, they go off, when I’m away from my limit switches X and Y light go on.
My Z axis works the way it should.
EZ

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 04:34:27 PM »
when you are not enabled, you can go to the ESS config and configure the pin for each axis home signal to be active high or low.. alternatively you can do similar in the Control config for Mach4.. that being said, if the machine homes correctly you probably don't want to change the way either is 'seeing' the input state.. currently I don't have a setup with the standard screen set and my setup doesn't show the HOME status of any axis (I'm doing it differently).. is this the actual input state you are referring to or the indicator that shows the axis is homed? I'll try to set the original screen set back and take a look whats in place  :-\
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 06:23:54 PM »
I figured out that you need to go to the screen editor and just change the state of the indicator light.  Now I’ve got other issues.  I’m going to re install my profile and start from scratch, maybe just re install mach4 too.  I’ve got pictures of all my settings.
EZ