Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:20:01 AM

Author Topic: Z Axis motor skipping  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis motor skipping
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 04:00:09 AM »
Hi, Edmond

I looked at one of your backup xml files there were no Config, ports & pins, Motor Output settings at all.

Post your pin assignments for your stepper board, I'll set up a basic xml for you.

Getting way late hear, Chip
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:07:05 AM »
Hi Chip

I have set up all the ports and pins right, I think I sent you the wrong file, if I open the Mach3 folder on my work pc I see Mach3Mill.xml I assume this is the right file.Will send you the right one when I get home today.I ran config check on my home Mach3 and everything is 100%.Yes it is the same pc I ran TurboCNC with the same parallel port cable.I can jog the motors fine its just the Z motor steps on its own so something is sending spikes maybe to the parallel port.Maybe I should look for another motherboard as this pc was originally a network server does that make a difference.I will check the parallel port as you suggested.
 :)Thanks for all the help

Regards
Edmond
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:51 AM »
It appears the parallel port in the bios of my pc was set for bi directional, if I set it to EPP mode the motors are perfect no skipping on their own but I might still get a PCI Parallel Port card for my pc just for added protection.

Thanks
Edmond

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 02:11:49 AM »
Hi, Edmond

Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks, Chip