Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 04:37:29 AM

Author Topic: x y homing will not activate  (Read 483 times)

x y homing will not activate
« on: January 20, 2024, 03:44:29 PM »
when I go REF ALL my Z axis will home, then  offset itself, (WHICH IS NORMAL) BUT  then it goes back very slowly and bounce off my homing/limit switch a 2nd time setting off my reset button and turning on my DRO to green.  On my diagnostic page it show all LED lights on limit switches on.  When I activate a limit switch in DIAGNOSTICS all the lights go out on my limit lights  and all my homing LED lights go on.  I can stop my machine using my limit/homing switches and reset them.  Im operating my limit/homing switches NC so if any switch was bad I shouldn't be able to reset my system

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: x y homing will not activate
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 06:44:07 PM »
What type of switches are you using?

Do you have power wires mixed in with the home switch wires?

Are you using shielded cable for the home switches?

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 08:17:35 PM »
Im using 2 strand shielded wire.and wired it up NC.  I did have it running and homing. .  I did something today and pulled off one wire on my x axis switche and it was still able to run until I went to put it back on.  I had to reset Mach3.  If I just hit the limit / home switch it will stop showing limit switch  triggered. I would think that the machine would stop once the circuit was broken.  Only when I trip th limit switch will it stop.  Im using  small black switches with the trigger is on the side.  Im about ready ro replace all th switches.  I would think that since the switches can be reset than the homing should work as well.  Only z homes

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 04:22:19 PM »
Turn off the limit switch signals in ports and pins and see what happens when you just have the home switches enabled.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 11:09:17 PM »
I disabled all my limit switches in ports and pins and it didn't make any change. z axis still homes twice. once travels  to the switch and off sets,  and then inches up hits the limit/home switch and off sets again and then shuts down Mach3 to be reset again
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 12:16:12 AM »
Actually I went to diagnostics and found only on limit switch I didn't disable.  when I disabled it all axis DID home.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 12:32:45 AM »
all axis switches home by bouncing off of the switch 2 times. they hit the switch and offsets, then very slowly goes back and bounces. off the switch a 2nd time.

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 05:39:02 AM »
That sounds to be working okay now.  I would forget about the limit switches and set up the softlimits.  Homing works in different ways depending on the controller used.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 09:38:27 AM »
would you know why when it homes it would hit each stop twice .  on the first contact it offset only to creep extremely slow to make a 2nd contact and off set again. also I would like to adjust the off set and it seems that when I go to homing/ limits and adjust the offset it doesn't seem to make a difference it the amount of off set.  my Y axis off sets about 1/16 of an inch just enough to hear the click of the switch

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 07:10:04 PM »
Homing is controlled by the motion card, some use a fast approach and then back off to allow a slow accurate position, large machines need this more than small ones.  Some plugins have an option to turn on/off accurate homing.