Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 06:03:27 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Pokeys57CNC interaction issues  (Read 274 times)

Mach4 Pokeys57CNC interaction issues
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »
Hi all,

I inherited a retrofit of an EMCO Turn120 cnc which was already fitted with the Pokeys57CNC (Version 1.6) controller. The main things seem to work fine, so it can move already with the buttons build in in Mach4 as well as do homing cycle etc. Now, I want to add some physical buttons for cycle start, stop etc as well as some digital outputs to turn on the air and activate the lubrication pump. In addition to this i'm also trying to get a pendant to work. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. All the dedicated IO's work just fine (Inputs for home and limit, relay output for coolant, motor control,...). All of this seems to be related to the Pokeys pulse engine. However, when trying to configure a simple push button, I can't get these inputs to show up in the mach4 plugin. I've attached a screenshot of the monitor. The bottom which shows the pulse engine things seem to work fine, I was even able to wire a button up to these inputs and then use these as inputs for the functions but then mach4 will stop with the error that a limit switch is activated and will then stop the program.

I also tried to add the pendant with the provided configuration by pokeys and follow there manual along, also with no luck to het it working. It seems that nothing which is related to the digital IO of the pokeys device is working. Will I have missed a setting somewhere that dissables this? Is there an additional step in mapping pokeys pins to mach4?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Rob
Re: Mach4 Pokeys57CNC interaction issues
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 01:23:24 PM »
You have to define the inputs in both Pokeys and mach software .For me the problem is trying to figure out which pokeys pin its connected to .Then you need add script ( edit screen /start macro) so Mach knows what to do once you trigger that input .
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 03:49:40 AM »
Hi,

I'm aware that I have to configure them both in the control for mach screen and the Pokeys plugin. Do I, in addition, also have to configure them in the Pokeys  software itself? Cause right now even when I configure them in both control and pokeys plugin it does not work. But on the other hand that doesn't surprise me since I don't know where I have to connect the wire from to button to the pin I assigned in the software. Is there a datasheet were the physical connections on the board are linked to the digital pins?
On the Pokeys board there is a dedicated screw terminal for the axis limit + switches. I would assume that it should be possible to wire any input into these and then in the software control what this triggers, no?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 07:36:23 AM »
Your using a pokeys motion controller. What break out board are you using with it? If its a pokeys device the manuals on their site .