Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 12:24:40 AM

Author Topic: MDI  (Read 453 times)

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
MDI
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:36:29 PM »
ok.. this appears to be a weird one.. my MDI input works on the PROGRAM RUN tab but not thr DIAGNOSTICS tab.. everything appears enabled.. it lets me enter codes but does nothing when I click the Cycle Start(?).. any guesses?  ???
and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
Re: MDI
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 08:31:58 AM »
haven't figured it out and basically said its not worth spending much time.. redid the screens so that I did away with the diagnostic and offset main tabs.. only left the PROGRAM RUN tab with the Gcode and MDI tabs.. removed the tool path as for this application it was not necessary.
added an additional tab control to the right of the Gcode/MDI window with RUN and DIAGNOSTIC tabs. The RUN tab has the machine current position DRO's, reference buttons, a cycle time readout, a cycle count readout, and Input and Output status's. I also added a manual On/Off for each of the used outputs. The diagnostic tab has the additional position DRO's, the G54~G59 selectors, and the Tool and Fixture table buttons. I'll probably add input and output status's but not sure at this time.
Now I only have one Gcode and MDI screen for the screen set. Much  cleaner and user friendly. Sometimes less is more.
It should be noted that editing the screens takes some getting used to. However once you figure out how to add, delete, duplicate and move the available components its a very powerful tool.  :o
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds