Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 06:19:53 PM

Author Topic: 1 Axis touch screen design  (Read 313 times)

1 Axis touch screen design
« on: January 01, 2024, 09:09:17 AM »
Good morning All
I am working on the Automated Miter Saw Stop for which I want to use Mach3 and create custom screenset to use on my 7" touch screen. The design will be very simple: 1 DRO and numeric keypad with Reset, Homing buttons.
I have a problem creating touch keypad with numeric buttons.
I am using Machscreen for that.
I also looked into Screen4 but both programs don't give me easy way to set this up.
Can someone help me with that and explain what I supposed to do.
I attached my initial design so you guys can understand what I have in mind. The "Open KeyPad" button right now executes a plugin with keypad but I really would like to have keypad built in into my screen the way it shows on the picture.
Thanks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Axis touch screen design
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 08:36:42 PM »
Have a look at this, its one I did a while back it was for an 800 x 600 screen size, I have stripped all my custom stuff out of it but it works and you can put your code in the start button to do whatever you need.

Extract the Mach3 folder from the Zip file and drop it over your Mach3 folder to merge them together.  Run Mach3 loader, ChopSaw should be listed.

It only acts as a keyboard input for the length the rest is up to you,  the length is stored in UserLabel1 so you can get at it with something like this in the START button VB code :-

length = Val(GetUserLabel(1))

No warranty given or implied, if you loose bits its your fault as its just a keypad right now nothing more.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 06:54:31 PM »
I am amazed that in first reply i got not only a reply but actually ready product. Thank you Graham!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 07:02:51 PM »
I just loaded into my MACH3 copy and it works but it seems to be a some kind of bug.
Once I press a button it disappears (it happens to all buttons) See pic.
My Mach3 is not connected to the machine at this time.
I have to resize the window in order to get it right.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:05:44 PM by chlodzin »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 08:36:14 AM »
I am not sure what is going on, it works fine here but I will check it on another PC.

Check you have these settings in general config set.

Without engineers the world stops