Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 06:30:40 PM

Author Topic: Problems with language selection  (Read 444 times)

Problems with language selection
« on: January 01, 2024, 08:04:07 AM »
Happy New Year everyone,

As the last action in 2023, I was able to complete the project router conversion to servo drives and Mach 4. The handling of the various scripts is very logical and very simple thanks to Lua.
Finally, I would like to translate the screen wx4.set completely into German. This is no problem for the most part, but there are problems with some buttons.
When editing the buttons, I noticed that there must be a relationship between the language file and the button label. For example, the button label "Feed hold" is correctly translated into "Vorschubstopp".
However, the "Cycle Start GCode" button is not. It should read "Zyklus Start GCode". See attached picture.
I also cannot see the connection between the language file and the Mach Screen. The syntax of the language file is also not really clear to me without a description. The manual does not provide any corresponding information either.
I have noticed one more thing. If the language is changed to German, the letter "o" can no longer be entered via the keyboard.
However, my Mach version is a somewhat older build: 4809. This is due to the Ethernet Smoothstepper, as Warp9 recommends this version as stable.
I hope that the experts can shed some light on this.

Best regards
Thomas