Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 09:09:35 PM

Author Topic: Axis in different units?  (Read 436 times)

Axis in different units?
« on: November 23, 2023, 12:13:24 PM »
Is it even possible for the z-axis to move in different units than the x & y?  It seems to be happening to me.

In Step calibration, both by x & y axis are moving in inches but by z axis in moving in mm. 

I have test it many times and telling my z axis to move 25.4 will travel one inch, while telling my x or y to travel 25.4 will move it 25+/- Inches.

The problem reproduces itself in GCode as well.  X & Y will move in correct inches, but z axis will move in MM.  Any help is appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Axis in different units?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 12:14:00 AM »
Under Config. / Select Native Units - set the units (in / mm) you require to use.
In the Settings screen run the Axis Calibration wizard to set the steps per unit for each axis in turn. Follow the on screen instructions and refer to the Mach3 manual for further details of how to set-up the steps per unit.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 05:55:22 PM »
Have you checked that you have the Z scaling set to 1 and not 25.4
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 11:27:38 AM »
I did check the zoom.  I have not advanced to the point of using that particular setting yet, but it is still at original default settings.

I re-installed Mach3 and re-ran my step calibrations and it seems to be fine now.  Thank you for the help.