Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 03:57:31 PM

Author Topic: Default Feed Rate setting on startup  (Read 384 times)

Default Feed Rate setting on startup
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:21:09 PM »
On startup, the Feed rate seems to default to 6... 6mm/min if using mm as the units. Painfully slow. Now once a program is loaded and run this value sticks to whatever it was last set at during the program.

The setting can be adjusted on the MDI screen, which works well enough...

With the onscreen MPG open, and changing the jog mode to Step, the 6mm/min default rate is painfully slow.

So how do I adjust the default so that my machine operator doesn't have to fiddle with it each time at startup as they are jogging over to a piece of material and trying to step into the right position?

I have searched through the XML file and nothing seems like the right setting, nor does it match the 6 which appears as default.
I've tried saving settings after having changed the Feed Rate on the MDI screen, or after its been adjusted by a Program Run.

I'm pretty sure we are on the latest 3.043 build, and yes, I downloaded it from Newfangled solutions a couple weeks ago. But, I'll double check tomorrow AM once I'm at the machine again to be certain.

Axis have all been tuned and calibrated. I've found that the machine is happy up to about 2200mm/min.

Everything is fine while running a program, it's just this default setting which keeps returning, and if changed in a config somewhere would smooth the process of setting up and starting a first job which isn't in a standard fixture.

* All images are for reference and do not reflect the specific state of my machines, which are kept offline anyway. No windows updates allowed, thank you!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:27:52 PM by OTJtraining »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Default Feed Rate setting on startup
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:43:36 PM »
You can set it in the general config.

Without engineers the world stops
Re: Default Feed Rate setting on startup
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »
Perfect! Exactly what I needed, thank you for pointing that out.