Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 05:27:08 AM

Author Topic: New to Mach4 ... Need Help  (Read 538 times)

New to Mach4 ... Need Help
« on: October 28, 2023, 11:07:59 PM »
If this post is in the wrong part of the forum, please let me know and I will get it removed.

I am a Mach3 user for about 8 years, I am swapping to Mach4 (don't know why yet). I have trouble with the RefAllHome() function, basically it is not working correctly on my setup. The RefAllHome button resets the X-axis and Z-axis back to machine zero but has trouble resetting the Y-axis. The Y-Axis motor makes a noise for a while the stops but does not more. If I run an MDI script to reset the axes to work zero everything works correctly, and I would like to view the RefAllHome code (I know Lua and C) to work out why. Can anyone tell me where the RefAllHome code module is located, is it a Lua script, C script, compiled or un-compiled? I would appreciate any help members can provide.

My machine set-up is: Mack4Hobby software running on windows 10, USB connected to a four axis ACCTEK AKG6090 router table via a WiXHC USB Motion Card MK4-M4 4-axis motion control card with a USB Interface. I was previously running Mach3 software connected via USB to the ACCTEK AKG6090 via an early version if the WiXHC 4-axis control card which has been running perfectly for many years. I am upgrading because I need some features supposedly provided by the Mach4 set-up.

Thank you for your help and support.

Jim

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: New to Mach4 ... Need Help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 09:59:15 AM »
RefAllHome is in the screen load script in the screenset and is LUA code. Be sure to rename a copy of the screen set you're editing or a new install of Mach4 will overwrite it.
--
Tom