Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 11:52:26 AM

Author Topic: Couple offset questions Mach 3 Turn  (Read 1358 times)

Couple offset questions Mach 3 Turn
« on: October 19, 2023, 06:58:59 PM »
I cant quite understand a couple of things. Mach 3 Turn.

4 post auto turret and the tool offsets appear to work but when I do a manual MDI toolchange the offsets dont appear to change in the DROs but I trust it works and it has been. I dont like just "trusting" something that only appears to work during an operation but it is what it is.

Today after homing the machine, I machined a part to gage accuracy. It ended up 0.1mm dia too small. So I jogged the tool to 0.1 and zeroed the DRO for the X axis. I restarted Mach, clicked "save offsets or fixture" And then restarted Mach 3. The X DRO did not come back at zero but with an offset like 28.0950 or something. I have no idea why? This was when using the mastertool. Is this a user error or a setting or?

I did wonder if I should have done a toolchange even though the tool was correct. Its disappointing when we being to mistrust our gear what should I do?

Really hope someone responds because this is a massive time waster. Please? Thanks in advance.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Couple offset questions Mach 3 Turn
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 07:02:06 PM »
Most turning errors come down to the accuracy of the x axis homing, a small error is doubled.

Without engineers the world stops