Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 08:59:26 AM

Author Topic: Configuration problems(Reference all acces (Home) and Reverse? option- Mach 4  (Read 887 times)

Hi guys, I installed Mach4 Hobby Version 2.0.5036. I have been working with this software for my university project during these last weeks and I have been able to make some progress on the Mach4 configuration. I currently have the home switches active and the soft limits on all 3 axes. Everything works correctly when I activate the soft limits. My problem is when I use the "Reference all Acess (Home)" button, once the machine reaches each of the home switches, the program locks up and  I can't make any more movements using the keyboard, even the spindle stops receiving instructions. So I have to close and reopen the program. Finally, I have a motor which has the Reverse? option enabled in the setup to make the bed move in the positive direction I need from the x-axis. The problem is that when I close and reopen the Mach 4. there are times when that value is not "configured" even though it is activated in the configuration, it simply rotates in the opposite direction.  It is usually fixed by restarting the program again. But it is almost like a roulette. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem or if I haven't explained enough. I'm probably missing some kind of driver or it's just a program issue. If anyone has any advice I would be grateful anyway.Thanks for your help.

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
what motion board are you using and what is your drive? servo or stepper? Bob :o
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds