Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 12:44:14 PM

Author Topic: Rotart Engraving Text - horizontal and vertical - not formatting correctly as de  (Read 2079 times)

Hi from Australia - I need Help - been using Mach3 for many years on standard milling and CNC. However recently tried started to use the Axis A and Rotary Engraving.  Rotary engraving 3D models work fine but TEXT is a big disaster - at zero degrees the size and format of the text is perfect but as the rotation (increasing degrees) the text gradually gets smaller and often loses its format in some letters as well. I have spent many weeks on this problem as I thought it has to be me. I have religiously checked all settings but the text is still very bad. It would seem that my A Axis - steps per mm arfe wrong but not the case. I hope that there is someone who can replicate my problem on their rotary engraving projects.
I use Vectric Aspire Pro and the  preview toolpath is perfect. I am using pp Mach3 - wrap Z axis mm.
My CNC is the Chinese 6040 - I use this macine extensively for carving text on flat wood signs at our Mens Shed as we sell those. So thought I could engrave round signs, with rotart text in any direction. but not so
Thanks in advance for any help Kind Regards Nev Siebenhausen (Sieby)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,201 9,201
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
In Config / General Config / Angular Properties…
UnCheck    A-Axis is Angular.

In Rotational…
UnCheck    Rot 360 rollover

That may do it.

Tweakie.   
PEACE
Re: Rotar Engraving Text - horizontal and vertical - not formatting correctly
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 03:56:59 AM »
Thanks Tweakie - I will check that and come back tomorrow - thank you - Nev
Hello Tweakie
Did not fix the problem - I have tried all aspects I can think of - Cylinder Axis , Surface Axis, Checked 360 degree rotation of A Axis, In the Settings - steps per - I have tried both Degrees and mm. I have tried the DRO for Radius and also diameter. I am definitely at wits end.
I am hoping that some reader may try to engrave text on a cylinder (both vertical and horizontal) and see if they can succeed.
I am thinking it has to be an error I am making - its like when you dont know -you dont know.
I will work on this over coming days because there has to be a solution in Mach3. The Mach3 makes scant reference to Rotary.
Laser software is efficient at engraving text on cylinders
I am looking forwrd to someone in this big world to find a fix --Thanks everyone Nev (I do not like giving up)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,201 9,201
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Hi Nev,

If you .zip and post a copy of your problem GCode we could perhaps try to find the issue.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Hi Tweakie,
G Code looks fine but today after resetting all tolerances and steps etc... I finally got the Text to stay at the correct size and format - everywhere.
The A Axis is angular has to be checked.
However, now the Text is overlapping itself. I do think I can fix that as I had created a "pocket" of 4mm deep and that may be ther problem.  I  wil go quite until I have a detailed list of correct settings and procedure. I now feel that I will be successful in the end and I will let you know.  Thank you sincerely for your interest in my problem Nev

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,201 9,201
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
The A Axis is angular has to be checked.

Hi Nev,

Good call, I had not realised that the Vectric Wrap PP converted either the X or Y linear dimensions to degrees. I learn something new every day  :)
The specified diameter of the actual work surface has to be accurate for the rotational angular position to be correct but it looks like you are well on your way to resolving the issue,

Tweakie.
PEACE