Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 10:02:09 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Pokeys57CNC Setup - Machine Suddenly Only Moves in the Negative X-Axis Dir  (Read 770 times)

Hello All,

For full transparency I also submitted ticket information to PoLabs Support.  However I thought I would also post here to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue or has any ideas. 

Whether I jog manually or send a GCode command the machine will only move in the negative X direction.  All other axes, YZA move properly.  I swapped computers and the stepper driver for the XAxis without success.  I also unplugged and disabled all homing switches.

I think that rules out software, switches and the stepper driver.  I am thinking the Pokeys board has gotten scrambled.  I also updated to the latest firmware.  And of course during diagnostics I have rebooted the computer and board multiple times.

In addition the board will not recognize the XAxis homing switch, which had been working fine.

Now a brief history which might give some clues.

Last week the machine went dead and would not move.  All axes were dead.  The problem was a dead power supply.  I replaced the power supply and cut a couple small jobs.  Now tonight after installing a new XAxis homing switch the machine will only move in the negative XAxis direction.  However as previously mentioned I have since disconnected and disabled all homing switches, with no luck.

I am scratching my head here.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Offline cncmagic

•  63 63
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
its easy to test.. if you are using Step/Dir swap the wires for the axis not working with one that is, or swap the pin setup.. if the problem follows the wires, or the pins, its the board.
BE CAREFUL!!! You are now driving different axis' then you are either Jogging or Coding too!!! So most likely the limit switches won't protect you
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds