Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 01:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Industrial Machine CNC Help  (Read 1883 times)

Industrial Machine CNC Help
« on: August 20, 2023, 06:08:43 PM »
Hello,
I have recently got into CNC machines and want some help/suggestions for what I think is called a Break Out Board. I have an Industrial Machine CNC machine 4x8 and want to fix or update the machine. Earlier this year I had the machine working with the factory UC100 controller and breakout board. Unforchanetly shortly after the machine was up and running the UC100 parallel port controller was ripped out of the machine and someone else tried to install a cheap BOB from Amazon but did not succeed(cut wires). I am in the process of either repairing the machine to the original configuration or updating it to a USB or Ethernet BOB that works for Mach 3.
My questions are_
-Does anyone have pictures or diagrams of an Industrial Machine CNC cabinet wired up, mainly the Spindle controls, E stop, and inverter button
-Does anyone have recommendations for a BOB that would be an easy replacement for the original BOB that runs on Mach 3

I would appreciate any help

Jeremy

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Industrial Machine CNC Help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 08:30:43 PM »
Hi Jeremy,

its better if you do it the other way around, post some pictures of the machine, control cabinet showing the installed parts and then we can see what you will need.  In most cases its not a big problem if its already been on a known controller.

Where are you based?

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 09:12:24 PM »
Located in Lubbock, Tx. I will take photos tomorrow and post them.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 09:48:53 PM »
Here are some images of the machine
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 09:51:59 PM »
Here are the rest of the pictures I have.
The CNC machine is used in a custom car audio shop for Subwoofer boxes and templates related to car audio.

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 08:52:22 AM »
A square on picture of the relay board would help but :-

looking at what you have there you could use an old pc with a parallel port and just connect a cable to the relay board or you can invest in a motion controller e.g. Ethernet Smoothstepper or CS-Labs IP-M or one of the many more out there.

If you have an old PC with windows XP and a parallel port and LPT cable I would use that as it will run that without much messing about and if all is good swap to an ESS later if needed.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 09:06:38 AM »
I would be interested more in upgrading to the ESS as we have either a windows 10 laptop or windows 11 PC to run the machine on. What is your recommendation for an ESS that would suit my application?
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 10:37:36 AM »
Here is another picture of the board, what I don't have working now is the E stop, inverter button and spindle control.

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 05:16:58 PM »
Do you have the manual for this board or a link for it?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 05:45:46 PM »
I have no information on this board, it came with the machine. Any number I look up on the board doesn't come back to anything that I have found.