Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 12:11:23 PM

Author Topic: License question  (Read 426 times)

License question
« on: August 05, 2023, 08:44:50 AM »
Hey Folks,

I would like to switch from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and do it on a new hard drive, so reinstall everything. The rest of the hardware remains the same. Should I expect problems with my Mach 4 license?
What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks and greetings
Olli
Re: License question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 09:10:56 AM »
You will need to log into your account on MachSupport.com and get a new license key. To do this you will need to have Mach4 installed as a demo first so you can get the new PCID for your updated computer.

MachSupport allows you to have multiple licenses and you do this process yourself without outside assistance unless something goes wrong.

This should not be an issue assuming that you remember your login information for the site.

Also you will need to save your configuration from the old installation. You can do this by copying the entire Mach4Hobby folder to the new disk drive, or you can save a "packaged profile" and restore that. The entire folder method is simpler and will insure getting other little things that may not saved in a packaged profile.

Remember that if you have not renamed your profile from the default profile name, such as Mach4Mill, it will be overwritten when you run the installer.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »
That's the problem, I bought Mach4 Hobby over 4 years ago and I had a different email address then. I no longer have any login information and cannot request a new password. However, I still have my current key.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 09:53:05 AM »
If you got your license through a dealer and you did not have a MachSupport login account, you will need to work with that dealer.

If you got your license directly from MachSupport or via a dealer who sent you a "license coupon", then you can ask for assistance recovering your license by using this support ticket page:

http://support.machsupport.com/en/new-ticket

Select "License Support" under the drop down options for "Department"

Provide the name used for registration and your new email address in the provided fields.

Also provide your old email address, the approximate date of purchase, and any other helpful information in the "Message" area.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 09:59:34 AM »
Shame on me.
I made a support request but I was able to log in with my new email address and also the license is visible there, I can also deactivate it, so everything ok :)

To make no mistake now again to check:

If I deactivate the current license can I later generate a new PCID with the new installation and then activate the license again?

Can I use it to activate the current version of Mach4 - version 2? Otherwise I have to download an old version.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 10:02:05 AM by Olli-CNC »
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 10:07:32 AM »
The MachSupport license server will allow up to 5 active licenses for Mach4 Hobby. After you have 5 issued you will need to deactivate one in order to issue a new one. Other products such as Mach4 Industrial will have more restrictions on number of licenses.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 10:09:30 AM »
Ah ok, thank you 👍  :)