Hello Guest it is May 14, 2024, 08:06:13 PM

Author Topic: I need spindle config help mach 4 spindle m3/m4 command make spindle spin CCW  (Read 388 times)

hello I am completely new to mach4 and this is my first cnc milling machine called cnc jr plus so long story short I wired up a pokeys 57 cnc board and finally wired up the vfd now I need help figuring out how config mach 4 when I use command m3 fwd it goes in reverse ccw then when I hit m4 it will still spin the same direction ccw I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm doing in mach input/output/relay an just followed a bunch of yt videos and last nite I was messing with the setting in mach and was bale to run fwd m3/m4 command turned it on this morning and back to ccw m3/m4 Its all wired up as it should be I can post a link to my lesson sm series vfd along with pokeys57cnc manual and mach 4 manual if needed its also the original vid from machine I never swappped vfd I checked vid parameters everything is correct I'm sure its just a software mach 4 config or relay wiring to invert dir I am needing help configuring and setting up my lesson vfd to function fwd and reverse I have everything wired up
pics
pics
vfd
pic
input  config
spindle config

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,203 9,203
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Swapping any two wires connected to the U V W terminals of your VFD will make the spindle run in the opposite direction.
(Of all the years I have been running CNC machines I have never needed to run a spindle in the reverse direction).

Tweakie.
PEACE
reverse would be used for tapping and rigid taping not needed I'm got it I was able to reverse the spindle using active low on all 3 spindle configs under output tab