Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 08:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Error first time &Crash on selecting custom profile and Mach4 not starting again  (Read 386 times)

I just updated to version 5125. I have an ESS and updated to the latest plugin for it. I renamed my old Mach4 installation and installed version 5125. Imported my backed up profile.

On the first start of my profile I get this error and Mach crashes

I uninstalled and reinstalled same thig.

Found the missing file in my old installation copied it over and things loaded.

In the old version every time I closed Mach4 it would crash and I would get the crash report that didn't help me. Same thing happens in 5125 but this time when I tried to start Mach4 and select my profile it would immediately crash. Mach4 will only start again if I select a stock profile to load, then close Mach4, restart it and select my profile but even that is a roll of the dice and sometimes rebooting the PC is the only way to get it to start.

I have changed back to a stock screenset hoping that would help but it doesn't.

Loading a stock profile has no issues with craching on close.

Any ideas? I really do not want to have to redo my entire profile and configuration.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 08:38:41 PM by Dbl_Tap »

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile

Found the missing file in my old installation copied it over and things loaded.

Same for me with 5125 and ESS 298. In my old Mach4Hobby folder there is no C:\Mach4Hobby\lua folder so none of those files exist, old or new install.

I simply went back to 4809 with the new 298 ESS plugin and it's fine.

So what is it with the new versions and these missing files?
--
Tom
Interesting. I didn't notice the entire missing folder :)

Does probing work properly using the new ESS plugin and Mach4 4809?
I just looked at my old installation and there is no C:\Mach4Hobby4809\lua folder there either.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Does probing work properly using the new ESS plugin and Mach4 4809?

I THINK so, I thought that was the reason for 298.

https://warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/plugin-releases/9567-ess-298

Go post over there, too!!! Someone there said 5125 worked fine for them, so something strange is going on here!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:35:11 AM by thosj »
--
Tom
Greg, the Developer/Moderator at Warp9, said to post it over here lol I did post what I was running into there in case anyone else had the same issues.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Link to the thread you posted in over on Warp9td? I can't find it!!!
--
Tom

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Trial and test got me to the fact that it's my custom edited version of old wx4.set that's the problem. Everything else, including my old profile, works until I load my old screen set. So I guess I'll have to scratch my head and remember where all those edits are and edit the new dark screen (which I personally kind of like!) to get all my necessary stuff in there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 12:04:45 PM by thosj »
--
Tom