Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 10:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Ergoman's small CNC  (Read 3659 times)

Ergoman's small CNC
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
Just wanted to post a picture of my machine. It has really worked well for me and it didn't cost that much to build. It has been a great first project in the world of CNC. In anticipation of possible questions. Yes, those are wine bottles in the background and no, I don't drink from those when running the CNC even when I am having bad backlash problems. Also, yes that is Bow flex and it works great, but no, I don't workout on it... but it makes a fine bench for my tools while working on my CNC. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:14:12 PM by ergoman »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Ergoman's small CNC
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »
Well, its a master piece of simplicity, well done, its amazing.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
Thanks much! Simple is best. One of my favorite quotes is from Mihael Kalashnikov, he quotes a old Russian proverb. "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."

My thanks to David Steele for developing the plans and writing clear instructions. My thanks to Dave Rigotti at Hobby CNC for offering a great value in CNC Controllers. Also, a big thanks to Art and Brian of ArtSoftControls. None of this would work without the software. And finally, thanks to the members of this forum for their support and the valuable information I've gained here.

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »
Perfect.
Great job.