Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 03:33:21 PM

Author Topic: Z Axis Probing  (Read 378 times)

Z Axis Probing
« on: June 17, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »
Win11 PC
G540 Controller
UC400ETH

Switched from M3 to M4 about 6 weeks ago.  The switch actually went much better than i expected and everything was working ginger peachy until today.  Been off the machine for about 2 weeks due to vacation and other responsibilities but I have a retirement gift that I need to carve so here I am. 

Got the machine all set to carve today and ran into an issue.  I am totally paranoid, so when I zero the Z I always grab the puck and tap the bit a few times to make sure it is registering.  I got the little blue LED blink so I clicked the probe button and promptly drove my 15 deg v-bit right into my touch plate.  Had to hit the e-stop.  At the bottom left of M4 i see ERROR: No Contact With Probe but the touch led on the screen is still on, so obviously it is touching.  I swore a lot, rebooted pc, restarted M4 and tried again with no bit.  When I hit the z probe button, the z starts down and when i touch it with the puck, it stops, does not retract, causes the digital e-stop (whatever it's called) to trip and gives the ERROR: No Contact With Probe statement again.

I have made no changes to any hardware or software so not sure what the issue could be.

I really need to get going on this retirement gift, so If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: Z Axis Probing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 12:31:49 PM »
No one else has run into this issue?