Hello Guest it is May 23, 2019, 01:44:23 PM

Author Topic: Tangential Control  (Read 2610 times)

Tangential Control
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
Having read the Mach2/3 manuals, I've tried to test how Tangential control works. I actually need to cut a square surface with a blade on axis A, controlled by a stepper.

If i understood well, I'm supposed to set axis A as angular and tune this motor so that in a full rev. the DRO should show 360. Also, activate the tang. control, set the angle limit above which, axis Z is lifted and the actual height that Z will be lifted.

When try to run a simple square cutting routine with G1 moves (using only X, Y and Z values), axis Z is indeed lifted in every direction change, but axis A does not turn to face the new direction, it only turns a little (around 2-3 degrees, DRO also shows the same).

What am i missing here? Please, let me know if i have omitted anything (configuration settings: state, motor tuning, logic e.t.c.) and also show me an example routine that really works.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  1,853 1,853
  • West Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Tangential Control
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
Hi,

If you want to cut a slot from point X0 A0 to X50 A90 then the code would be.

G00 G90 X0 Y0 Z25. A0    (MOVE TO START POINT)
Z1.                                 (RAPID TO 1MM ABOVE WORK)
G01 Z-1. F50.                   (FEED 1MM INTO WORK)
X50. A90.                        (FEED 50MM IN X AND ROTATE 90 DEGREES AT THE SAME TIME)
G00 Z25.                         (RAPID AWAY FROM WORK)
M30                                (END PROGRAM)

Graham.
America gave us powered flight, England the steam train and Germany the car.  Who invented the first boat?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:17:23 AM »
It may be late, but it is better than nothing.... Thanks for your advice.  :D
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:07 PM »
Did you ever figure this out?

I have a tangential axis and it wants to move within 1 degree as it goes around a circle or square - shoud be 360 degrees.