Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:09:17 AM

Author Topic: Brain Info  (Read 8623 times)

Brain Info
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:16:13 PM »
I've had a go at the brain thing and I think it's a great improvement from VB.

One thing that I noticed is that while people similar to myself who have a grounding in electronics will understand logic circuits, those that do not will be a little confused how to put a brain together as there is no help file or tutorial as yet.

So I've enclosed this picture of what are called truth tables for the logic symbols AND, OR, and Exclusive-OR.

I hope this will be helpful to those who may need them.

All the best.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Brain Info
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
Thanks CJ,
     One note, there are a couple of tutorial videos in the that section on brains. I don't think the cover what you have in this post though. Thanks for shareing.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:25:02 AM »
Much appreciated Brett, I looked at the video's and they are well done as usual, a good starting point.

I'm hoping that as people have a go at compiling a brain themselves they may use this thread to put in info to explain how parts of it work.

This info then could be used to compile a help file or wiki for the Brain developement.

I'm currently working on a Brain toolchanger, I've done the brain but as yet only tested in simulation.

If anyone is interested I could post it in it's untested state.

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 03:47:45 AM »
Quote:
"I'm currently working on a Brain toolchanger, I've done the brain but as yet only tested in simulation.

If anyone is interested I could post it in it's untested state."
Unquote

I believe many will benefit if you can post your Brain tool changer even in its untested state. A background info and detailed explanation of how it works and its real world physical connections and parts will be a big help.

Thanks,
Weedy
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 06:24:52 AM »
Hi, I was planning to test the brain but I have alot on at the moment and it has taken a back seat.

So here it is in it's untested format. Hopefully someone could test it or correct any errors.

Cheers.

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
CJ, thanks.

The accompanying RTF is very clear and informative. I will have to digest the whole thing and still need to learn to do the electronics part before I can even try the toolchanger brain.

My lathe toolchanger is a 4-position vertical turret tool type and it has 4 sensors and the rest seems to work exactly as you described.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 12:38:26 PM »
I know it has been posted a long time ago, however I would like to point out an error in the logic-diagram (from cjmerlin), the OR and ExOR are switched!!