Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:40:12 AM

Author Topic: mcSurface mapping does not lift Z after first touch  (Read 350 times)

mcSurface mapping does not lift Z after first touch
« on: May 14, 2023, 12:48:44 PM »
Hello
 I am trying Mach4 for one feature mainly (Surface Mapping), I have been a happy camper with Mach 3 for several years now.
Using Mach4 in demo mode I want to test the surface mapping ability. When starting the probing the probe will touch the surface, and then drags the probe tip across the material on a X+ direction never lifting the Z axis for the next probe points. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated I'm sure i missing something simple.
Thanks for any help!

Using:
Mach4: Verison  4.2.0.4612
ESS Mach4 Plugin, build 285   
also tired with ESS Mach4 Plugin, build 284  same result.

From the log:
Code: [Select]
ESS starting Probe 0
         ESS: Successful Probe0 Strike. Probing finished.
         Probing signal axtive! Cannot continue.
         Probing signal axtive! Cannot continue.
Re: mcSurface mapping does not lift Z after first touch
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 02:30:56 PM »
Hello Nurp, I am having the same issue. If i go into probing and use the Z probe it touches and backs away fine everytime. But if using surface mapping, the probe touches and some times it will work fine for one or two contacts. But most of the time it drags the probe across the surface to the next contact point.
Version 4.2.0.5036
Build 5036
Hobby
Hope someone will be able to help with this issue.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 04:54:19 PM »
Hi Starfire2038,

I had some success, I used a clean install of 4.2.0.4612 and ESS Mach4 Plugin, build 278.1, copied over my profile and it works like a charm.

Good luck.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 05:51:55 PM »
Hello Nurp, Was going to reply back and mention that I did a air run of the surface mapping.  ( Z level is high enough not to touch anything and it would stop at it's fault height  , one inch down ). It worked fine doing the air run.