Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:51:56 PM

Author Topic: vista pendant not going to work zero?  (Read 466 times)

vista pendant not going to work zero?
« on: May 05, 2023, 10:49:46 PM »
Hi, first post here and new to cnc/mach so I hope I am using the correct terminology to be understood. I've got a 3 axis router with a gecko540 and warp9 smoothstepper which I have just got going. All working great - 100% (and fun).
I recently purchased a vista P2-S pendant (USB) which have installed the plugins for and it is almost working perfectly. Every command except "Go to Zero" works which when I double click on the pendant side button brings up a "Line0: Axis3 commanded while disabled" message in the mach4 history line? The router will home and zero successfully  from the mach screen and will "home" and "zero all" successfully from the pendant. The only problem is "go to zero" from the pendant?
I'm only using three axes so under config-control-axis mapping A(3) is disabled and config-control-motors motor 3 is unticked.
I guess it is something that needs configuring with the vista plugin but I cant find how to access it. Under config-plugins- ESS I can go into the ESS config but if I config-plugins-P2-S pendant right or left click doesn't open up any dropdown screens?
The vista manual for mach4 doesnt offer any help. I tried emailing vista 2 weeks ago but they haven't replied which seems to be par for the course with after sales service these days.
Pity as I'm very happy with the build quality of the P2-S.
Any of you clever folks got any clever ideas to share?
cheers
Paul, Jarrahdale Western Australia
Re: vista pendant not going to work zero?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 08:54:37 PM »
Hi,
the Vista pendant has it own plugin, it has zero interaction with the ESS or the ESS plugin.

Mach4 has in the ScreenLoad script a function called GoToWorkZero(), and when activated it does as you'd suppose it would, namely go to
z=machine 0, x=work 0, y=work 0, a=work 0. I suspect you are having problems because Mach4 is excepting to drive all four axes, whereas you have three.
You need to get into the ScreenLoad script and delete/comment out the line that requires the A axis goto zero.

This is really  Mach4 setting, or rather set-up. Its not anything to do with Vista, but rather the machine as it is set up.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 09:25:24 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate you taking the time. I understand your answer and will have a poke around in the screen load script. I only mentioned the ESS plugin as an example of a plugin that can be opened to access config unlike the Vista plugin which can't.
I see the internet is full of comments about the total lack of email support from Vista. They should do something about that.
cheers
Paul
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 09:31:03 PM »
Hi,
but there are no user settings in the Vista plugin. The pendant is a fixed piece of hardware and does not change....so the plugin does not change either.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 09:52:16 PM »
Hi,
I had and used a P1A pendant for eight years.....I wore it out. First with Mac3 and then for the last seven years with Mach4.
I had only one occasion to email VistsCNC when I thought I had buggered it up, my fault. It was going to send it back to be repaired, but they gave me another
plugin to try and that fixed it for anther four years before it started to crap out. Really it was good enough I should have just bought another...they are the same price
as I paid eight years earlier.

It was the same, that is I could see that the plugin was there but you could not open it, view it or edit it, it just is....thats all.

I thought I could make a new pendant..and I did. It works through the ESS, ie its wired. I stripped down the design to just the things I use and nothing else and have seven wires
to do the whole lot, and two of those are for power! The real deal is that I got a second hand Sansui MPG wheel, and despite being second hand and having done a million
miles its still perfect, put 'a horn on a jellyfish'. I've been using it for over a year now. The horn has subsided....just.

Craig