Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:22:11 AM

Author Topic: Two issues I need help with. Please.  (Read 507 times)

Two issues I need help with. Please.
« on: May 03, 2023, 12:43:14 AM »
These may be old and I am digging up the same problems. I cant seen to find answers though. Mach 4. ESS. Upgraded CNC Router. Slightly above average technician slightly below average user. Very basic programming knowledge. Have been using the machine to manufacture parts. Mostly working well.

Probing. I hate it and my probe has been destroyed by several non commanded actions - the worst one was trying to use the Fusion 360 routine with Mach 3 - it just smashed my probe straight into a vice at high speed before I could react. The Mach 4 Touch module Z and corner operation only works with the "Probing failure disables Mach 4" unchecked. If its checked the probing operation stops during repositioning move. I dont know what to do with this? It works with the box unchecked. I just dont know how accurate the touch option is, it only touches once instead of backing off and touching a second time.

Probing Mach 4. If I try to use the other Mach 4 Probing program it fails immediately. I have setup several probing inputs on different pins with a tool setter, probe and additional probe. These all correlate to the blue lights on the interface, G31, G31.1, etc. My main probe being G31 the correct blue light comes on with activation as do the others. But, the Mach 4 probing routine says the incorrect probe has been activated and it errors out contrary to its indication. Stumped how to fix this. To explain further, the Mach Touch operation works, the Mach Probe operation says the wrong probe is activated even though the Touch module and GUI seems correct.

Soft Limits. If I toggle the soft limits it reverses my jogging direction - gee - no idea whats going on there. Machine is in a homed condition.

Zero idea what to do. Tell me I have to learn LUA would be undesirable I just want to use my machine but if there are no options I guess it is what it is. It would be nice though to be able to use the script an expert has written instead. Thanks in advance. Apologies for the old ground. Almost there.
Re: Two issues I need help with. Please.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 01:40:09 AM »
Update and more confusing. All my probe inputs show up on the main GUI blue lights. If I open the Probing screen, initially nothing worked. Then, without any changes, my number 1 probe managed to activate the indicator LED but for all inputs G31, G31.1, G31.2 and so on. No other inputs recognized contrary to the main GUI.

Now, it wont again at all. Its not physical its software and I dont know what to do when it works once but not twice. Please help.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 04:20:47 PM »
Hi,

The Mach 4 Touch module Z and corner operation only works with the "Probing failure disables Mach 4" unchecked. If its checked the probing operation stops during repositioning move.

That is the way it supposed to be, at least with the ESS. Read this explanation.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=47369.msg297000#msg297000

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 08:13:51 PM »
Thankyou. That point was only a note, its not the cause of my problem. I was hoping for some good robust advice on my connectivity issues whether be software or not.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »
Hi,
so is it a problem or not? You went to the trouble of explaining what it was doing I would have presumed that you had an issue with it?

Craig
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 10:19:15 PM »
I dont think the ESS setting box is the problem but if it is I would like to know.

The problem is, my probe(s), all of them light up the blue LEDs on the GUI. The touch module works fine. The probes all show up on diagnostics as operating fine.

The Mach 4 Probing Screen. Does not see my probe or any of the 3 inputs I have.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 10:42:41 PM »
Hi,
The Mach 4 Probing Screen. Does not see my probe or any of the 3 inputs I have.

Ok, that is a different issue altogether. I do not off-hand know why...but will give it some thought.

Craig
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 03:01:22 AM »
Thanks. That would be good. I have started to think that perhaps it is an electric connectivity thing, but then I cant fault it in the ways we would check. Its one where I keep going around in circles. Like I mentioned, it worked, once and once only. Then it didnt.

I cant even find the script for the probing screen.