Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 04:59:05 PM

Author Topic: Step increment cycling issue  (Read 412 times)

Step increment cycling issue
« on: April 28, 2023, 12:01:16 PM »
I set my cycling to be as follows:

https://i.imgur.com/zm9LurF.png

I never use the 1" travel, so I turned it off.

However, when I push the increment button in the jog section of Mach4, I still get it to cycle 1,0.1,0.01,0.001,0.0001. I will have two complete cycles of what I put in to the options in the image above, and then I have a full cycle of the default values, then back to my cycle. No idea where to change this.

Thanks!

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Step increment cycling issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 08:48:45 PM »
I'd try entering something other than zero in all fields, repeat as necessary to fill all the fields with something. Not sure if that'll work or not.
--
Tom
Re: Step increment cycling issue
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 09:14:31 PM »
Hi,
I filled all increment slots.

I used to have 1mm and 0.5mm as the largest increments but both caused 'after-run' where the machine would carry on even once I had stopped spinning the MPG.
This was because the increments were 'stacking up' faster than the machine could consume them. Reducing the maximum increment to 0.1mm solved it, now I can spin the
MPG as fast as I like WITHOUT suffering any, or at least any major, after-run.

This left the quandry, what do I do with those other increments? As you can see I filled them with the same numbers, just repeats. It works.

I notice that most people,and for many years that included me, would have increments spaced by a factor of ten eg 1, 0.1,0.01,0.001,0.0001.
I found those steps to coarse. If I was touching off, 0.1mm was a bit coarse and I could not define an edge with the level of accuracy that I would like, however
if I went to 0.01mm touching off seemed to take an age. A five fold increase in resolution, or even a doubling in resolution is more practical in my opinion.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'