Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 05:13:34 AM

Author Topic: Ref all home  (Read 462 times)

Offline Jonr7

•  3 3
  • Jonr
    • View Profile
Ref all home
« on: April 21, 2023, 12:39:51 PM »
 This a new problem for my CNC router, When I select ref all home, the machine goes through the correct homing sequence but now all axis move to the home switch, make contact, back off of the switch one inch and then the axis creep back to the switch, makes contact and backs off the switch again one inch. then, my machine coordinates are 0, my soft limits are X -2.4921 X -0.8018 and Z -1.3268.
I unchecked the Auto Zero in Home/Soft limits and then ref all home and the axis do the same movements.

Thank you

Jon Rodriguez
Jon Rodriguez

Offline RSL3577

•  18 18
  • The New Kid On The Block
    • View Profile
Re: Ref all home
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 08:49:28 AM »
What version of Mach and motion controller are you using?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 10:55:58 AM »
Perhaps tell us what the behavior was before the "new problem" occured, and what might have changed along the way. Mach4 version, motion controller plugin version, edited or somehow changed the screen load script where RefAllHome lives.
--
Tom

GOOMBA

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 01:44:37 PM »
For every single person asking about homing questions ever.
The motion controller controls the homing sequence, MACH tells the controller which direction to go and which input to look for.
If your homing sequence isn't working as you expect it to, it can only be adjusted in two places.

1: Inside MACH4 under Configure > Control > Homing / Soft Limits
These are the ONLY settings for homing in MACH.
The home offset will shove whatever value you enter into the MACHINE CORDINATES after homing.
Meaning you can compensate for the "lost" machine travel this way.

2: Inside your motion controller plugin there may be a setting(s) for adjusting the homing sequence.
If you want your homing sequence to behave differently, or it isn't working. You will need to message the motion controller manufacturer.

Not applicable to this issue however, 99% of the time if a motion controller isn't homing properly. You're using an INCOMPATIBLE version of the motion controller plugin for your BUILD of MACH.
The plugins have VERSIONS that are compatible with VERSIONS of MACH. So check the motion controller setup instructions to see which versions you should be using.

If a version is listed not available on our website you can go get other versions here:
https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/

If you don't see the version you're looking for, sorry you'll have to get the motion controller plugin developer to update their plugin.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 07:32:56 PM »
Wow that got us told!
Without engineers the world stops