Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:27:19 AM

Author Topic: G31 probing via array macro.  (Read 30852 times)

Re: G31 probing via array macro.
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 01:26:09 PM »
Terry I am going to do a copy and paste to the Yahoo group as well and see if anyone there has any ideas.

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »
OK key word here " when opened in notepad" it should read as one long continuos line of code. You should not be able to see the three empty lines above the m1299 line (;-)

If you save it in notepad after you opened it you may have corrupted the file.

Look at the file on your cd using MY COMPUTOR does it show the file as "M1299"   A m1s file? Or does it say" M1299 "a txt file?

(;-) TP

Take a fresh copy and just load it to the proper directory. Do not open it (;-)  Try that

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 06:40:58 PM »
Hi Terry,

The first version you emailed me directly read "M1299.m1s.txt when I opened it. When opened in notepad it was in a single line across the screen. I didn't think that was right, but loaded it in the Mach3 folder in the macro folder and tried the program, which of course failed. I then saw you had posted two new versions of the gcode, interior and exterior, to this thread. I downloaded them and tried again. This time it did not have the txt extra extension and did not have the single line problem, but it still wouldn't work.

This morning I did a save target as my cd drive and downloaded directly to the e drive, but still had to burn the cd. I took that cd to the shop, move it to the desktop, opened properties to change the read only function, applied the change and then moved it to the Mach3 macros folder. I tried the program and still had the same problem, but this time I had not opened it in anything until I had tried it. After it failed, I then opened it and that is when I noticed the three empty lines above the code.

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
OK I just have to ask ,why do you reset the read only bit of the CD???? (;-)

How about emailing me all the files you are trying and I will check them out on this end.(;-)  We ARE going to solve the mystery.

The original M1299.M1s.txt is a file that was a notepad version that could be opened and looked at by notepad as a reference

The actual MACRO is   M1299.m1s

THere should be two array files that end in .txt and one MACRO file that ends in .m1s

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »
OK MIKEY, You were wanting to do a survey of an object and then create a grid based on the perimeter.

Take the perimeter points and import then into the cad side. Now set up a POINT HATCHing  profile that is the correct spacing and direction (90deg to X axis) for your grid. Now hatch the shape drawing. NOw you have a grid based on the shape file.

You job is to figure out how to get the grid exported out as a point file so we can apply it to the G31 process(;-)

Almost there(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
HEY MIKEY YOU STILL THERE?????  NEW things with probing, Mach now has probe tip offset for acurate shape profiling.

Did you ever get the guitar done???

(;-) TP
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
Hey Terry, I checked out your probing arrays today.  They are very cool.  I'm one of those people who is planning to do cylinder head port work.  I have several questions.  First, my g31 code output file doesn't list the axes like your example did.  I just get three columns of number.  Is there a setting I have missed?  Second, how would I incrimentally move down a port in Z?  Is this something that must be done manually?
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
Is this macro up and running? I would like to try and use it. Any updates?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
The last version was V1.01 it always worked fine so no need to do anymore updates. There is also a manual here somewhere with pictures and drawings. The arrays are completely programable as to provide for the best coverage. Multiple scans can be run and the points appended to the main point file.

There should be a M1299 macro that is used to program the arrays. The array runs in Gcode so there is NO vb weirdness to interfere. I have run countless probing operations totalling many hundreds of thousands of cycles without fail.

NOW that was with older versions of MACH, the newer versions ????? (;-)

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
I stand corrected the last version was V2.01 Int and Ext.

There are 2 Macros M1299 and M1289 one for each of the arrays In/Out.

That was years ago and 1000s of programs down the road(;-)

IT still should work fine today, give it a whirl.

(;-) TP