Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:16:49 PM

Author Topic: G31 probing via array macro.  (Read 30846 times)

Re: G31 probing via array macro.
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »

(;-) Get at it, you are falling behind (;-)

(;-) TP

You taskmaster! I have been trying.....I just can't get it to work.

Did you get my email about the Mach convention in Knoxville Tn in Feb? You gotta be there to teach a class on the "ART" of probing! pun very much intended! ;D

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »
OK what part does not work?

Move into the center point position.

Load up the outside array file as you would a gcode file. Then press cycle start to begin. IT will then present you with a window and ask you a question about the array. It will do one window at a time. WHen that part is done you will press cycle start to start the gcode side. It will then run the array based on the centerpoint location and the configuration you gave it.

???  (;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:27:52 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »
OK what part does not work?

Move into the center point position.

Load up the array file as you would a gcode file. Then press cycle start to begin. IT will then present you with a window and ask you a question about the array. It will do one window at a time. WHen that part is done you will press cycle start to start the gcode side. It will then run the array based on the centerpoint location and the configuration you gave it.

???  (;-) TP

Terry that is the problem. It moves right by the n1   M1299 to the M40 and ask me to name the file. It never has opened the m1299. I have even gone back and arranged the file to match what the other macros look like, though I did not do it manually. I simply opened as a txt file, saved it as m1299.mls. Would it help if I email you the set of original files you sent me as well as the macro I have loaded in the machine?

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »
MIKE have you checked the "ignore MCODE on file load" on the config page? Go back and look. If it is unchecked then check it again and when you leave config do a save settings from the same pulldown menu. SOme times MACH will not save unless you manually save the settings.

Try download a new copy of the M1299.m1s from here and load it into the c:\mach\macro\machmill directory

IF that does not work then I will send you a fresh copy of all the files off of my machine. I know they work I use them every day now(;-).

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:03:38 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 06:04:28 PM »
Terry I will go to the shop after it gets too dark to shoot! Waiting on a big whitetail to show up for supper! ;D

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »
OK are we having Venision for lunch or do we have to chew on some of that left over  PINK foam??  (;-) TP
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »
Foam! ;D  but only because my brothers two dogs interfered (sp). I had watched to does feed in the field and one kept looking back into the trees so I knew he was there. When he stepped out he was looking right at me and I couldn't tell if he was legal. When he finally relaxed, I raised my scope to eye level to take a look and just at that perfect time, the dogs saw him. I will tell you though, it was so much fun just to watch him react to the dogs, that made the hunt successful. That kind of success just doesn't taste as good though.

I didn't make it to the shop last night, but will go now and report back in a few.

Mike
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
Terry I just got back from the shop and here's the rundown.

The ignore is checked, and saved, and I even closed Mach and restarted to check again. Same problem. I then went to my macro folder to check the name on the folder and the extension. It reads as follows:
M1299.mls

I tried the program again and once again it skipped the macro and went straight to the M40 line asking for a name for the triplet file.

I have to download from the net and put it on my shop computer by disc. Could this be causing a problem. I always change the read only file when I do that because my home pc creates my cd's as read only. Other than that, I simply downloaded the stuff you sent me, plus the updated gcode files you posted here.

Mike

vmax549

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »
OK the file should be M1299. m 1 s   Not . m l s ??? TYPO?? THat could do it.

I'll send you a fresh copy of the M1299 file. EMAIL as there is already a copy of the same name here on the site and it will not let me download another.(;-)

You may want to try downloading another fresh copy and trying that??

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:30:32 AM by vmax549 »
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
Ok Terry I got the file, downloaded to cd, installed it in the macro folder just as you sent it to me and I am still getting the same thing. It skips the m1299 and goes directly to the m40????

What am I overlooking?

o0001 (G31 Exterior Polar Array V1.01)
n1   M1299
n2   M40

Is there anything in these three lines that isn't supposed to be there? There are three empty line spaces above the code when opened in notepad. Would that mess it up? Remember this is the same instance of Mach3 that would not allow me to type a m40 in the mdi line???

Mike