Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:35:48 PM

Author Topic: G31 probing via array macro.  (Read 31001 times)

Re: G31 probing via array macro.
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 05:15:59 PM »
Thanks Terry,

I am knee deep in pink foam shavings at the moment and may be through tomorrow. If I get tired after while I may hook the probe back up and give it another try.

MIke

vmax549

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 07:01:48 PM »
Now that ought to make a good picture, knee deep in PINK foam???

Take your time no hurry here . I have been processing some points files. I noticed that we need to convert all the little point segmented lines into a continueous line segments to make a better cut file. Also we need to figure out how to turn all the small line segments for curves into arcs.

Just some thoughts (;-) TP

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:52 PM »
Hi guys learned a new trick tonight. I have been working on a way to pick up a single point and have it written to the open points file.

The g31 is the only way to write to the points file. So I set up the non used A axis as a phantom axis. Mach thinks it is on but it is really shut off so it does not move.

I opened the points file with the M40 macro and named the file. Then I used a test macro that calls for "G31 a1000 F1".
Mach starts the movement but the drive is shut off so Mach does not know it is not really moving.

Anyway I then can take my hand pendant and step over to a touch point until the probe trips( LED turns on) at that point the g31 code will write the position to the points file.

Next I start the macro again and move to the next point until it trips and the g31 write to the points file again.

After all probing is completed use the g41 to close the points file.

SO NOW we can collect points by hand. (;-)  That allows us to collect the few missing points not on the tool path screen by hand and not have to repeat a small array just for a couple of important points.

We can set up the macro to run from a button push or a hotkey I believe.

You can also set up the Probe input to be emulated by a hotkey such as F12.(;-) you would move into the position you wanted to record , start the macro and push the F12 key to record the point to the file. You won not even need a probe if you do not need the accuracy just a small sharp point to reference where the center of the spindle is. 

HUM probeless probing that is a new one(;-)

We are gettin close to a total solution for 2d probing.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:21:58 PM by vmax549 »

vmax549

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »
Mike here are the update array files. It should cure the random stop error(does here) The problem seemed to be that Mach did not have enough time to handle all the functions in between cycles and get everything done. All it took was adding a 1ms delay after the cycle to allow Mach time to do its thing.

NOW you will need to go to the config page and look in the far right column and check the box "G04 Dwell in MS" or else you will get a 1sec delay after every probe cycle. After you leave the config page make sure you pull down the config tab again and do a "SAVE SETTINGS" to make sure it is saved.

Just delete the old files and copy these to the Gcode directory. I have also noticed that Mach has a limit on the number of loops a gcode sub can make. So for now that limits us to .36deg of leg separation. At a 24"diam circle that equates to about .075" leg separation. My probe tip is .078".  Should do for now. If not I have a solution(;-)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 06:33:04 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
Hi Mike

Thanks for the link. Just to confirm that I am looking for a suitable digitising probe with a 1/4" or 6mm shank (or an easy and accurate mod) for use on my desktop CNC router. ( I have a licenced copy of Mach3 which I find excellent).

Regards
John
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »
Hi John,

this probe doesn't have a 6mm shankand the threads for adapters is quite small. Most of the extensions are about 3mm in diam and the threads are not close to being the same diam of the shank. Now you might be able to find a 6mm or 1/4" ruby tip that will work, assuming a tip will do the job for you. I can look to see if I can find one.

Mike

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
Terry I have today to digitize the guitar before I get back in the foam again. I went through the M1299 file and compared it to the rest of the macros in the macro folder.......it doesn't look anything like them. Everything is on a single line. I didn't do it....I promise! Can you post the macro in here as is should look in the folder?

Mike

ps where is that kart part?  ;D

vmax549

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
MIke if you look at it from notepad that is the way it is suppose to look. If you look at it from the VB editor it will look normal.

Did you make the change in the CONFIG to allow MACH to ignore the Mcode on loading a gcode file???  If not you will not see the array configuration program run.

I have done some very interesting profles so far with the arrays(;-) SOme were able to be cut immediatly with MACH without the aid of another program to clean it up(:-) PROBE TO CUT in one easy step.

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »
Mike to gather more detail in the neck area you can run the primary array based on the center of the body like you asked about earlier, and then set up two small half circle arrays in the curved areas of the neck. THen append the two small array points file to the primary file.

You will also notice that ART has setup the toolpath display so it SHOWS you the points as we gather them. SWEET THat way you will be able to see if any sections are missing and can go back and get them.

I have worked out a way to collect single points and have them written to an append file. So you  can go back if you need to a collect a few more points to complete the shape.

BUT seeing how easy it is to set up an array it is faster to use the array.

(;-) Get at it, you are falling behind (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »
MIke if you look at it from notepad that is the way it is suppose to look. If you look at it from the VB editor it will look normal.

Did you make the change in the CONFIG to allow MACH to ignore the Mcode on loading a gcode file???  If not you will not see the array configuration program run.

I have done some very interesting profles so far with the arrays(;-) SOme were able to be cut immediatly with MACH without the aid of another program to clean it up(:-) PROBE TO CUT in one easy step.

(;-) TP

Terry I still can get it to read the m1299. It skips right over it and stops on the M40 line asking for a name. Name it, hit cycle start and when it hits line n73  G0 X #106 Y #107, it sends the machine to home????? I dd check the ignore in the config too.

Mike