Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:39:10 AM

Author Topic: G31 probing via array macro.  (Read 30996 times)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Lt's get digi with it! Digitizing a Guitar
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »
You guitar lads really are going the hard way about it.

A soundcard, and SF2 file with your guitar sounds, and you could make your computer play the guitar while you cut it out !!!

Jim
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »
HiMike, enclosed are the files you will need, The gcode files go in the gcode directory and the Macro file goes in the macro directory.

Also there is a short MANUAL describing the process.

Play with the arrays to get used to them.

I believe we can get the scan in 1 pass of the array and get 99% of all the points needed

. If not I can program you a special one just for the guitar

vmax549

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »
here are the rest I hope(;-)

The G31PACMv1.00.txt is a text version of the Macro file for those that want to see it.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:31:51 PM by vmax549 »

vmax549

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
Well that did not go well?????

Well I am Brain Dead today, it DID take the files. SSSHEEESH

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:33:03 PM by vmax549 »

vmax549

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
HEY BENNY could we get an area off the general path to work with the G31 discussions it may grow large before it is over.

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
OK this should be the MANUAL(;-) and the picture.

vmax549

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »
MIke you are a clever one(;-) The idea to have the program do a boundary survey of the object has occured to me.(yougest son is a surveyer) If we can do that then the array can become self aware of it parameters.

I have seen some very safisticated probing routines(oldest son 2 masters degree in Machine technology related fields). Some  boggled my mind (would not take much there) as to the ability to probe with 4-6 axis ON its own. Just start it an walk away and COme back tomorrow.(;-)

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
MIke have you calibrated your probe to make sure you have the correct probe tip offset setting???

(;-) TP
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 04:13:58 PM »
Hi Jim,
That feature will probably come down the road a little bit. I'm mostly concerned in getting as accurate profile of this body as possible.

Terry,

Something is up with the email alerter. I got your private emails but nothing to tell me there had been any post to this thread. I have been knee....no...chest deep in a battle with my cam program today and I know it is probably a parameter I am not setting correctly, but that doesn't lessen the stress level any. You should have another private email from me now. I will try to get to the shop this afternoon and test this thing to see what I get. For safty I am going to use a block of foam for the test. Other than the one on the machine, I don't have any probe tips left! :'(

Mike
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »
Terry I thought I would add the last email you sent to me to include it in the thread and maybe it will help others follow along and you kindly lead me to 2d knowledge! ;)

"Hi Mike, there is an interior and exterior Gcode file.  THe m1299 macro will work for both.

The best center start point is on the center line of the neck and about 1.5" in from the left hand edge of the body. I believe that will give you a 99%+  fill rate on points.

I have a polar line array printed on a sheet of transparent Mylar (24" dia)that I can overlay the drawing and work out the best approach and center start point.

You might want to make one for yourself to lay out over the parts to figure out for yourself if there is a better point. Just place it on top and look at the approaches on the lines and look for areas that the probe cannot reach traveling in a straight line.  (;-)

Do a couple of small objects first to get a feel for the process(;-) I would hate to know I helped to scratch a LES PAUL.

I did a 1" 6 sided Hex socket here inside and out, it was amazing. I then washed it thru Lcam to create a cut file with tool offsetts. Then cut another socket out just like the original even the square drive hole at the bottom of the socket.

(;-) TP"

Now I have a question  from the manual.

"4.  SafeZ:                 The safe Z height at which the probe can
                           travel.

5.  Probe Height:          The Z height of the probe cycle."

In setting these z heights are we staying in referenced dro readings or do we have to zero the dro's of do offsets and such? The reason I ask of course would be the long dialogue we had on the yahoo group about crashing my probe the last time.

If I follow the following sequence will I be ok?

1. reference machine and have dro's at 0. Mdi to my cpl and set my z axis to the "safe z height'?
2. run the exterior probe gcode, which will pull up a menu for me to set that is shown in the manual?
3. complete setup and run the code.

You ask me about calibrating my probe tip. Is this done in Mach or in the array probe set up?

Mike