Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 02:00:59 AM

Author Topic: Spindle and coolant stop on M01  (Read 652 times)

Spindle and coolant stop on M01
« on: April 13, 2023, 01:20:10 PM »
Im running Mach4 industrial with ESS on a Hardinge CHNC Lathe. The M01 works , but it doesn't stop the spindle or coolant.  Am I missing something in my setup? I know I can create a new M01 but my lua skills aren't so good.  Is there a way I can see what the original M01 macro looks like so I can alter it? Otherwise Mach4 is working great, better than the original 1980 Allen Bradley control that was on it.  any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Art
Re: Spindle and coolant stop on M01
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 09:27:17 AM »
Unfortunately you cannot view macros that have internal functions already made by NFS.  You can make your own new macros for some of them, however, m01 is not one of those.
Per the Scripting Manual on page 9.  Manuals are found in the Mach4 Folder --> DOCS.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »
I did read that but I was hoping it might have been outdated.  Well, that’s a bummer. When you’re setting up a job and you have a roughing tool and a finish tool, I like to insert a m01 so I can check the diameter of the roughing tool before the finish tool starts. Kinda hard to do with the spindle and coolant running. Right now after the m01 stops the machine I hit the e-stop to stop the spindle.   Any suggestions, it would seem if the m01 would turn off those outputs it would make things easier.
Thanks for your help
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 09:46:40 AM »
Add another physical button next to your e stop that can toggle the spindle and coolant on and off. If that’s an option for you, we can help you out with the script.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 09:55:19 AM »
Chad, thanks I can do that.  One thing I thought Mach 4 was supposed to emulate a Fanuc control.  I’ve been a Hardinge cnc machinist for 40 years, unfortunately only up to the 10t control.  I’ve never seen an m01 not stop the spindle.  I guess I haven’t seen everything. Thanks for the work around
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 10:10:22 AM »
Usually it is a setting or a keep relay that makes it do that. On some of the fanuc machines we have it would stop the spindle and coolant and some wouldn’t.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 10:13:21 AM »
Ok, thanks a special button it is!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 10:27:14 AM »
Chad, I thought of possibly another work around. What if I use a m101 instead and within that macro there is a feedhold first then stop spindle and coolant. Would that work? Would the feedhold still be there when the macro returns back to the g- code waiting for a cycle start?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 10:28:54 AM »
Yeah. It should. Feedhold waits for cycle start.  You can even use the option stop button if you want.
Inside your macro check to see if the opt stop output is in. If it is then use the feedhold.  Otherwise ignore it.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 10:32:20 AM »
That sounds like a good option.  I may need help with the script on that one, seem a little more complex than I’m capable of. I’ll try on my own first. Thanks