Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:48:03 PM

Author Topic: help with diagnostic log. Mach pauses during run  (Read 1003 times)

help with diagnostic log. Mach pauses during run
« on: April 10, 2023, 10:45:19 AM »
Mach4 5036 ESS 285

Mach4 pauses during run at various locations.  Just upgraded to 5036 and ESS 285.

Using PWM output for laser and it runs fine when I disconnect the laser which is odd since I do not think there is any feedback to from the PWM output.  It has run the entire gcode a few times.  Mach does not show any actions on the history.

Please ask questions.  It is impossible to ask dumb questions.  I've been in Industrial sales for 30 years....  thanks Phill

Re: help with diagnostic log. Mach pauses during run
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 05:12:48 PM »
do you use usb or ethernet?
we had some problem when customer install UPS with software( yes there such application)
and the UPS software seat on the ethernet  and make alot of problem
try run task manager see if there disturbe proces
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 08:12:42 PM »
Hi,
to be honest many of the latest Mach4 builds from 5000 inclusive have caused problems. Certain sections of code in 5000 onwards now run that fast that it creates a race condition in many of our
motion control boards. The motion controller manufacturers are scrambling to catch up including Andy at Warp9TD.

Unless there is a specific need to update...don't. I'm still running 6412. It does everything I need and there is nothing in the later builds that offer any advantage so why mess about?
I got paying work to do....that's more important to me.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 04:11:42 PM »
Hi,
sorry....typo should be 4612.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'